Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Classic toys that you chucked

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I had quite a few things. I never got rid of any, but much to my annoyance my mum chucked out loads of stuff without telling me. Particularly annoyed by all our major Matt mason stuff, rare American things. I was very protective of my action men and they are still all in a suitcase in the loft. To be honest I'm not bothered by the value of stuff, I just wanted to keep then to look at nostalgically occasionally.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 134
    Think i've still got most of the classic dinky scifi toys in the loft somewhere. The ufo interceptor has my worse xmas day memory as a kid though. I must have been 4 or 5 at the time, the cap didnt ignite when the missile fired, so i tried getting it out with my finger. It ignited under my finger nail. It would fucking hurt now, never mind at that age.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    edited December 2015
    I have 3 original Action Man and loadsa gear still in loft. Sadly, all the rubberised elements in their manufacture; such as linings, elastics, boots etc are now shot with age. So just keeping stuff is no guarantee to its survival... They basically now live in the equivalent of pyjamas! Rather fitting for a 50+ year old ex serviceman!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24440
    Neil said:
    They had an exhibit of old toys including a table-top horse racing game made by Chad Valley, called 'Escalado', which I had never seen since my sister and I had it back in the 1960s. Anyone else own that one?
    Yes I had Escalado.

Put the lead horses on the track and turn the handle like mad!
    I've still got that over my mum's.  One horse has a broken leg though.  Is it worth anything then ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Neil said:
    They had an exhibit of old toys including a table-top horse racing game made by Chad Valley, called 'Escalado', which I had never seen since my sister and I had it back in the 1960s. Anyone else own that one?
    Yes I had Escalado.

Put the lead horses on the track and turn the handle like mad!
    I've still got that over my mum's.  One horse has a broken leg though.  Is it worth anything then ?
    Let's just say I wouldn't be ordering any custom shop Gibsons in anticipation of a windfall:

"Another game that has been transformed over the years is Escalado, a horse racing game. Introduced in 1928, early sets command £200 – but only if the lead-weighted horses still have intact all four easy-to-break legs. 

Later editions that include metal horses can still go for £100, but plastic sets made from the Nineties onwards are not valuable"

• I had a whole laod of this stuff which was awesome:

No idea why it wasnt more popular (although dont think it had a cartoon tie in)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24440
    Ooh !  Mine are definitely metal horses, and it's all intact with the exception of one poor horsey's leg.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16152
    My Chopper and my Johnny 7 gun

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Maybe I jsut never saw the cartoons then :D

The toys were ace though, the little amgnets on the guys feet made the vehicles do stuff.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Maybe I jsut never saw the cartoons then :D

The toys were ace though, the little amgnets on the guys feet made the vehicles do stuff.
    And the magnets were great for attaching the figures to metallic things on the ceiling so younger siblings couldn't reach them. WAHAHAHAHA. 

• I also had this stuff

and as far as I know, it's still in my mum's loft:)
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    I had loads of StarWars toys , ships. Figures , play sets , all of the bigger items still boxed , literally hundreds of figures , including some very rare ones .
    The summer I moved out of home mum and dad redecorated my old room and put all of my stuff in the FUCKING BIN SHED FOR SAFE KEEPING ! 

You can guess what happened.

I can honestly say that if the bin men kept them I wouldn't be so pissed about it but it was 1990 and StarWars wasn't cool and I'm certain they went to landfill.