Looks like the PRS CE is coming back for 2016

What's Hot

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited January 2016
  • From the video, sounds like satin maple neck is dead popular ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like a total winner, actually.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5422
    thomasross20;927124" said:
    From the video, sounds like satin maple neck is dead popular ;)
    This is one of two great things about the guitar - PRS' current satin maple necks are unreal.

The other great thing is the pickup choice... 85/15s are superb - but those two things may not add up to 100% in terms of the price!

• Yes, great pups and necks.
    I already have both on my core models.
    People will see how great they are soon, these satin PRS necks!
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    so the real question is what is this going to do to the PRS CE second hand market? i'm thinking it's going to push them up :(
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
    Used guitar prices going up?  I doubt it, only Les Pauls used prices have gone up. 
  • I see these are not S2 price, more like £1800. You could swap the SE trem and practically have a core guitar. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    thomasross20;927592" said:
    I see these are not S2 price, more like £1800. You could swap the SE trem and practically have a core guitar. 
    But for £1800 you shouldn't have to. I remedy not long back maybe 5 years a new PRS CU 24 was about that.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    grungebob;927623" said:
    [quote="thomasross20;927592"]I see these are not S2 price, more like £1800. You could swap the SE trem and practically have a core guitar. 
    But for £1800 you shouldn't have to. I remedy not long back maybe 5 years a new PRS CU 24 was about that.
    [/quote]

I bought my ce22 direct from PRS in Jan 2000 for £1500 if I had gone for the custom it would have been £1800.
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    Super review by Mr McBride.
  • Agree! I think the trem is the weak point. A decent way to get the new pups, which aren't sold separately. And the neck, I'm guessing, will be miles better than the normal gloop necks. Considering you can get a used Cu24 it's a bit of an ask. 
  • Hmmm, seems over priced to me.  I would have expected them to come in around the S2 price.  I guess they pushed the price up due to the 85/15s, but I wouldn't be happy paying 1800 for one.  I'd rather stump up the extra cash for a Custom 24.  You can pick them up from around 2k if you don't mind a 2014 model.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    The smart thing is wait 12 months, come Christmas you'll no doubt see these on sale much closer to the S2 prices.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Really overpriced.

If the trem is a weak spot (really at £1800 on a bolt on with no case??!) why buy one when for half that money you can get a used early 90s with the unicorn horn trem.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Ce's I always remembered to be a few hundred quid more than say an Fender American Deluxe.

Just seems a bit odd for a £1800 guitar to have a gig bag and a cheap trem. I'd sooner they either charged £1999 and made it no compromise, or properly S2'd it.
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    edited January 2016
    I don't think it's overpriced. You have to compare apples with apples, can't compare the price of this year's model with second hand or 2014 model. Looking at Guitar Guitar prices the CU24 goes for slightly over £2500, the CE24 goes for just over £1700. That is a full £800 less, and they all come with a hard case.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited January 2016
    Remember the suhr pro series come with a gig bag and cost more. I can't see where it says it comes in a gig bag (not disputing the point)
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    DefaultM;924971" said:
    Watched the Andertons video and I didn't like how it sounded at all. The distorted tone made my teeth itch.
    Really. I watched that yesterday and thought it sounded amazing. Better than the core model In the andertons demo. As an aside that prs baritone sounded fantastic too
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    Just checked the S2 CU24 seems to go for £1250, only £479 less and comes with a gig bag. If you factor in the cost of the case the CE is much more S2 than CU money, surely the spec needs to reflect that. I'm not saying I would buy at full price but wait a few months and yo'll get a nice wedge off.