I'm suddenly liking Squeeze more...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Drew_fx said:
    "I grew up in council houses, part of what made Britain great".

Yeah right... so did I, and the whole atmosphere nearly drove me to suicide. But yeah... keep injecting your bullshit politics into your music. Fucking hasbeens.
    Perhaps he meant it more in the "It gives poor or struggling people somewhere to live!" rather than suggesting that it's like a Butlins on acid thrill ride.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2016

Paul Weller and the bloke from Squeeze have had ample luck of opportunity to become politicians themselves.  But they can't be arsed at it is the truth of it.  I bet half the people whinging voted Tory anyway.

This reminds me of the scene in Apocalypse Now.  Never get out of the boat, never get out of the boat unless you are prepared to go all the way.

Neither of them are hardly Colonel Kurtz are they?  Or they do is get a few innocent people on a Sanpan shot with their good intentions pave the road to hell bollocks and to be honest that is worse than being Dave if you ask me.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Holy hell, there are some shrunken braincells on this forum. 

Nice one, Glenn.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Sambostar said:

Paul Weller and the bloke from Squeeze have had ample luck of opportunity to become politicians themselves.  But they can't be arsed at it is the truth of it. 

So your theory is that highly successful musicians like Weller and Tilbrook are too lazy to become politicians but Cameron is working his arse of for the good of the people rather than his own benefit?

Does anyone not being a politician (or to be precise too lazy to be a politician) mean that they can't criticise government  or party policies?  That's an odd understanding of democracy you have there.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2016

I don't have an opinion on Cameron as I didn't vote for him.  If I had my way we would have a 50 year ginger militia dictatorship and gas vans for slackers and sterilization for folk who refuse to breed with gingers, but there you go.

There is no point criticising.  If you get out of the boat, you have to be prepared to go all the way.

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9680
    KKJale said:

Nice one, Glenn.

He had a chance to express an opinion to a TV audience (most people don't) and he did. Respect for that.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    KKJale said:

Nice one, Glenn.

I think you need to learn to accept differences of opinion.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I bet we don't see Gary Barlow following suit.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31021
    Glenn is truly the most irreverent laid back person going, and amongst the funniest too.

But, he has a massive interest in current affairs- more so global that politics and I'm actually surprised he'd comment.

Re being Lazy, yeah right- this is the man that tours the US for 100 days a year in a Winnebago and goes busking for fun just cos he loves singing.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401
    KKJale said:

Nice one, Glenn.

You'll get used to them...eventually.
     I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
    edited January 2016
    Gassage said:

Re being Lazy, yeah right- this is the man that tours the US for 100 days a year in a Winnebago and goes busking for fun just cos he loves singing.

But just not running for local elections eh.

Smirk..

Anyway, I couldn't understand a word he was on about, so the message was completely lost on me.  If I am to believe chatrooms and the twitterati, then I may as well believe David Icke.  Which I do incidentally.

Anyway I never called or accused him of being lazy myself.  Does he wash his own socks and pants or does he get his Mrs to do it?

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited January 2016
    Gassage said:

I don't know.  Touring a vast country in a Winnebago could also be a good excuse for someone who is a serial killer and they still haven't caught that Long Island Killer.  That said if he is doing that and still making the gigs then you're right that calling him lazy is foolish.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom