SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

G&L Tribute Legacy FS/FT

2»

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    edited December 2013
    [quote="close2u;102987"]ok - no probs as I'm sure P&P would be goodcan you describe the pickups and controls more ... what have they brought to the guitar in terms of character etc? And what do you have left from the stock items?[/

Apart from rewiring it for master tone it's exactly as I got it. I have the original 1m and 500k mighty mite pots for the treble/bass system. The 250k cts volume was in it when I got it I just added a 250k for tone. The reason I went for master tone is I prefer it on strats/teles.
    The pickups are nice clear strat pickups which will break up nicely with the amp and will handle surprising amounts of gain if you turn the tone down a little on the bridge. The neck pickup is awesome.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997

Ok

sorry for being a bit dumb - the stock is PTB ... passive treble and bass right? so each of the two tone controls works on all 3 pups

and now you have 2 tones that work as a normal strat ... one for neck / middle and one for bridge oly? is that right?

• close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    close2u said:

Ok

sorry for being a bit dumb - the stock is PTB ... passive treble and bass right? so each of the two tone controls works on all 3 pups

and now you have 2 tones that work as a normal strat ... one for neck / middle and one for bridge oly? is that right?

Hi - just still wondering about this.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27631
    Adam_MD said:
    will trade for something with p90s, humbucker sized p90s, or humbuckers.  I'm based in the Northampton area these days.  

Just on the off-chance, I was going to try to sell this sometime next year ...

It would come with a bit of cash your way too.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    If @Adam_MD doesn't want it @TTony, I would be very interested....that looks lovely :)

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27631

It's one that I home-made last summer.

2 piece English Ash body with a bitsa neck on it.  P'ups are Lace Sensors, the bridge (IIRC) is a Wilkinson something-or-other.  The finish is Wudtone.  I did a big build thread on it over at MR ... took a while to get it right!

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I remember the thread...tis indeed a lovely job