Brunetti Pleximan - Anyone tried one yet?

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26625
    Vaiai said:
    I use the V30 in Full mode and with both valves active (you can switch one off) at home - it can be quieter than my TV and no issue with neighbours hearing it. You have to have that skill for "just" tapping the vol till it comes on tho - did the same with my 5150

I have the hair-trigger issue with my Kraken, too; however, given that I now run it into a dummy load and then my DAW, it's not really an issue any more.
    @digitalscream what do you use for CAB emulation?
    Software. Kraken -> reactive dummy load -> Presonus Audiobox interface -> Reaper, in which I run the NadIR impulse loader and the RedWirez impulses (about $5 per pack, I think, plus the free G12M pack).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    I'm not gonna lie to you guys... I'm probably going to get a second head - Pleximan looks awesome and I've enquired into MJW custom!
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7803
    Vaiai said:
    I use the V30 in Full mode and with both valves active (you can switch one off) at home - it can be quieter than my TV and no issue with neighbours hearing it. You have to have that skill for "just" tapping the vol till it comes on tho - did the same with my 5150

I have the hair-trigger issue with my Kraken, too; however, given that I now run it into a dummy load and then my DAW, it's not really an issue any more.
    @digitalscream what do you use for CAB emulation?
    Software. Kraken -> reactive dummy load -> Presonus Audiobox interface -> Reaper, in which I run the NadIR impulse loader and the RedWirez impulses (about $5 per pack, I think, plus the free G12M pack).
    Cool thanks!
    Pleximan sounds great in this video:

That's because it is fucking great :)
    I've go to admit... if it had something like power scaling, I'd be ALL OVER THIS. But I thin it'd be too loud for home. 
    I do think it sounds absolutely fantastic. 
    Better than the Singleman head. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Do both channels share the same valves or are they separate?
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Do both channels share the same valves or are they separate?
    Without seeing a schematic it would be hard to tell, but with most modern amps they will share the v1 and obviously the power valves. 

Brunetti te are a little cagey about releasing schematics, I needed one recently for an issue in my maranello, they ended up just sending the details for the switching, not the entire amp.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I don't know why it only got 3.5 stars in this review:
    http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/brunetti-pleximan-50-watt-head-636525
    Because they didn't pay for a load of advertising! Good reviews on the big sites and in magazines only happen when the company is n question takes out a few months of advertising. No advertising - must be shit!
    thomasross20 said: 
    I've go to admit... if it had something like power scaling, I'd be ALL OVER THIS. But I thin it'd be too loud for home. 
    I do think it sounds absolutely fantastic. 
    Better than the Singleman head. 
    The singleman head is a totally different style of amp.
    timmysoft said:
    Because they didn't pay for a load of advertising! Good reviews on the big sites and in magazines only happen when the company is n question takes out a few months of advertising. No advertising - must be shit!
    Oh! :)

Yeah I get that about the Singleman.. :)
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    timmysoft said:
    This. They don't even say anything but good about it
    That's pretty poor, isn't it? 
  • The against was wishing the effects loop was switchable... Something that most amps don't have. 

And yet my trusty peavey bandit does! I admit, I used to like a footswitchable loop but actually I don't use it these days at all. Definitely not a 1.5 star loss! 
    What's the big benefit of having the loop footswitchable?
    If you don't use it, turn it off at the back.
    I don't get it?
    What's the big benefit of having the loop footswitchable?
    I don't get it?
    Well, it say your lead sound is always a delay + boost, maybe EQ in the FX loop, then you can use 1 foot press instead of 3 to get that tone.

For me it's a total non-issue. My supersonic 22 had a foot-switchable loop and it popped all the time, so I never used it.
  • What's the big benefit of having the loop footswitchable?
    I don't get it?
    Well, it say your lead sound is always a delay + boost, maybe EQ in the FX loop, then you can use 1 foot press instead of 3 to get that tone.

For me it's a total non-issue. My supersonic 22 had a foot-switchable loop and it popped all the time, so I never used it.

Basically this. It also means nothing affecting tone while it's not in use, although not many pedals cause that problem to be honest, providing the loop is buffered (or a buffer is immediately after it, like a boss ls-2).

It was nice when I was a metal head - in two stomps I'd boost the preamp for more gain and engage the loop with reverb, delay and a boost. But actually... Most folk don't need that kind of thing. Nice to have but not necessity. 
    Ah gotcha - thanks, guys!
  • Still tempted by one of these - weighs under 9kg... 5W probably too loud for home and no built-in reverb, though.