Empress Effects Reverb

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I think you just step on it and it makes you loud, slightly abusive and stops you making sense.
    Turning the effect on also makes kebabs tastier. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think you just step on it and it makes you loud, slightly abusive and stops you making sense.
    Turning the effect on also makes kebabs tastier. 
    needs to be renamed "miracle" if thats the case
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22190
    edited January 2016
    needs to be renamed "miracle" if thats the case
    I didn't think I'd end up with 'mutton flaps' as one of my phrases of the week but there you go...

That'd be one mighty miracle. 

• As a total aside, I remember being in Lille about 9 years ago. It was a hot summers day, the night after a world cup match. 
    I remember being hung over, sat in a french market, watching the world go by etc etc
    There were loads of meat stands, most of which were selling kebabs. I will never forget the look of an uncooked kebab spindle and the smell.
    I've never eaten one since. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I've eaten one in my life. It came from a kebab place in the Clifton Triangle in Bristol, November 2005. It repeated on me for three days and I've never touched one since. 

But hey, more reverb info!

"Hi guys, the beer mode is real! Heres a bunch of features: 
    - around 20 modes at this point
    - up to 35 presets (you can scoll backwards, or change the preset system to bank style instead of scrolling style if you like that more)
    - stereo, with a really nice transformer on the right out to kill ground loops. you can set it up to bypass the transformer if you want. 
    - sd card for firmware updates. so we can fix bugs, and owners can get the newest firmware easily. also, the way we set up the modes with different led colours means its easy to add new modes. if players want something not in the reverb, we can update the firmware with new features or modes
    - analog dry. we're using vcas (like with our tape delay) but we put a bunch in parallel to get a better signal to noise ratio.
    - true bypass or buffered bypass to get trails. 
    - the beer mode is really a catch-all for any modes we add that dont fit into one of the other categories. also, it alerts someone in the audience that you would like beer, as long as you say into the mic "id like some beer please".
    - control port like on a bunch of our pedals. you can plug in an expression pedal, external switch, or midi through our midibox. with the expression pedal, you can control any or all pots, going from any point to any other point, if that makes sense. all of that is saveable to the preset.
    - there is midi out capability so changing the preset on the reverb can change the preset on all your other midi compatible stuff.
    - we will be able to add a looper if people ask for it. 
    - a special feature where if you flip through the modes really quickly it stops working and you have to power cycle. we were going to fix this but people seem to dig it, so we might leave it in.
    - its still a prototype (see feature above) but we're planning on having it available in the spring.

• depending on the mode, the thing knobs do different things. for instance, in the modulation modes, they control the rate and depth of the modulation. in room mode, they control the early relection and pre-delay.

power requirement: 300mA current consumption. 9V negative tip.

street price: $450 usd

ya there is kind of a hold thing. in a lot of modes, holding the left select stomp causes the decay to go to infinity, and which is kind of a hold.

we are thinking of adding a freeze mode. let me know how youd want it to work.

people have come by the booth and filmed the reverb, but i havent seen anything posted yet.

oh theres also three cab sims that people are quite enjoying.

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298

That sounds great but who the fuck is the guy at the start? He should have done a re-take when he said about it being a prototype, then again, honesty is the best policy.
  • ^^
    It's not an uncommon thing to have prototype pedals out. Diamond had a proto reverb pedal out labelled as such at NAMM.