Worst song you'll admit you like?

What's Hot
eSullyeSully Frets: 981
Being a teenager in the 90s there's a lot of shit music I have a soft spot for. Found myself for no good reason humming this crap earlier ... I do like this song

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4323
    Fuzzbox - Pink Sunshine

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30947

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33839

It is brilliantly mixed, as well as being complete nonsense.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72619
    This is complete and utter tosh on every level, but somehow I still love it. And almost everything else they've done :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Ah what a song. Makes me think of Sangiovese wine, spag bol, Mateus Rose bottles with 30 years of candle wax down the sides and white and red checked tablecloths. 

• So far this thread has evoked a feeling similar to the one I had when I first found out about Rolf Harris.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    edited January 2016
    eSully said:
    Being a teenager in the 90s there's a lot of shit music I have a soft spot for. Found myself for no good reason humming this crap earlier ... I do like this song

I thought that was going to be this: <br /> When I was a student one of my house mates liked to play it a lot and explain it was the song he lost his virginity to. Quite a hummable little choon although Alan the Urban Studies student did put me off it for quite a long time. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6115
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Sleep deprivation must be making me unhinged, I've gone through the thread and listened to all the crap you posted (Not bloody Celine Dion though). Honorable mention to @ChrisB50, that Pink Sunshine song is bloody terrible. @EricTheWeary, Ride on Time is a classic

It occurred to me that I do like a song that is probably worse than 2Unlimited

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4323
    @eSully, I had it on some shite Hits album, and used to play it over and over again on my cassette deck when I was a kid. Glad you liked it :)

Fuzzbox were like Shampoo before their time. Mind you, Shampoo were really really bad. I still have a little affection for Fuzzbox (great band name for an all girl group).

I remembered another one of mine. 

Alice Deejay, Better Off Alone. Reminds me of being in Amsterdam. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I like quite a lot of Abba's output....
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72619
    jellyroll said:
    I like quite a lot of Abba's output....
    But none of those even remotely qualify as bad songs.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • N-Trance - Set You Free

The singing on the intro seems to be totally out of synch with the piano, and the whole thing is clearly utter sh*te, but still for some reason I seem to like this one.
    It's not a record I own or would put on to listen to, but if it comes on the radio I enjoy it.

Of the songs I DO own and WOULD make the effort to listen to, this is probably the one I would be most embarrassed about putting on in company:

Slayer - Payback.

I mean, it's clearly utter drivel. But I like it
    :\">

• CHRISB50 said:

Fuzzbox were like Shampoo before their time. Mind you, Shampoo were really really bad. I still have a little affection for Fuzzbox (great band name for an all girl group).

Fuzzbox were originally called We've Got a Fuzzbox and We're Gonna Use It, but I guess that failed the pub blackboard test.
  • CHRISB50 said:

Fuzzbox were originally called We've Got a Fuzzbox and We're Gonna Use It, but I guess that failed the pub blackboard test.
    Midlands based, too..

Some of my Facebook friends like Vix Fuzzbox's current band, so every so often I get a glimpse into what she is doing now.

Anyone wishing to seek her out should search for "ViX & her MsChiefs"

• Vix must be roughly the same age as me. She's aged a lot better than I have! :(
  • Vix must be roughly the same age as me. She's aged a lot better than I have! :(

To be fair, she uses a lot more make-up than you do. For the most part.

• RocknRollDave;956020" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

Vix must be roughly the same age as me. She's aged a lot better than I have! :(

To be fair, she uses a lot more make-up than you do. For the most part.
    I'll see if I can find her on Facebook and ask for make up tips, although not getting foundation in my beard is always tricky.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm not embarrassed to say that I love "No Limits"  !!
  • I'm not embarrassed to say that I love "No Limits"  !!
    You should be