Orange CR60C vs CR35RT

scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
Anyone played both? Is the CR35RT a smaller version of the CR60C or is the CR60C a step up in quality generally as well as size/power? I've seen the CR60C in the classified but have only briefly played through a CR35RT (which was certainly OK...)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9732
    edited February 2016
    I own the CR60C and am very pleased with it. I think it rather depends what you want from your amp though.

The CR60C appears to be a decent-quality, well-designed, and well-engineered piece of kit. It is totally analogue and really only does one sound - but it does it extremely well indeed. You wouldn't mistake it for a valve amp but it really is pretty close. If you want modelling, or to be able to plug your MP3 player into an aux input, then look elsewhere. If you want a gigworthy solid state amp then this is pretty good.

I have only tried the CR35RT in a shop, and TBH I have to say I wasn't overly impressed. To be fair I only had a ten-minute go, but I'd say it wasn't in the same league as the CR60C - in fact, not even close. However, for a bedroom amp, it's perfectly good and would probably be loud enough for small gigs. As I recall, it did have aux in and headphone out sockets.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72549
    I haven't seen inside the CR35 yet, but it looks much more like a giant version of the Micro Crush than like a smaller version of the CR60, if that makes sense.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9732
    edited February 2016
    If this is @cbilly22 's amp, he's got a few clips he might be able to post or PM you to give you an idea of what it sounds like.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    There's a nearish Orange shop with both in do I'll pop in this week and compare. I suspect the CR60c is indeed the more substantial sounding. I love some of the demos I've heard of the CR120 head although that's far more amp than I'm after...
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    The CR60 and CR120 are similar, basically Rockerverbs without the valves. I'm not sure the 35 is the same DNA. However, Orange's SS amps are pretty good and good value.
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    HAL9000 said:
    If this is @cbilly22 's amp, he's got a few clips he might be able to post or PM you to give you an idea of what it sounds like.
    Yup, that's mine, I fancied a change. 
    I haven't owned the 35 but did briefly have the CR20RT and as @ICBM says the smaller Crush models are more bulked up small amps than scaled down big amps, definitely a different sound and feel. Very good mind, but not in the same league as the CR60C. Like I say, only selling mine as I fancied a change but recommend the bigger CRs completely, they do sound very good, particularly wound up in a band mix, which was the nicest suprise.