Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6130
    Sounds like they should move to Colorado.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    edited February 2016
    Just another example of how widespread it's use is whether people like it or not.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Is not news round here, it's a fact.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    If it wasn't illegal, it wouldn't be a big deal so...
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3073

It's everywhere.

My lad is fifteen and I know he's dabbled.  All his mates are at it, too.   If it wasn't for random drug tests at work, I probably would be as well.

Not sure about outside primary school gates, mind.   Smoking anything (legal or not) in front of little kids is a no, no as far as I'm concerned.

• I so envy people who are stoned on the school run.  Those on smack would probably find it easiest to cope with all the crap though.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • vizviz Frets: 10759
    edited February 2016
    A couple of years ago we were at a fair with a family friend of ours and his 10-year-old daughter. I suddenly caught a whiff of cannabis from somewhere, and I said with a wry look to my friend, "What's that funny smell", to which the 10-year-old piped up, "oh it's hash, there's a guy over there selling it."

EDIT - 'piped up' as in 'said', by the way.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16867
    alcohol is everywhere and perfectly legal.

You still don't use it outside the school gates
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7666
    I'm a pretty straight-laced anti-illegal-drug type. But I just think this will achieve nothing. If you smoke weed, you'll smoke weed. If you smoke it around your kids, you'll do so during the other 23.5 hours of the day.

I guess the school would be under pressure if they didn't say something though. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I smoke weed, in my bedroom away from the kids, I must be scum though as the school is 30 seconds away. Our 2 eldest know I smoke it, they have seen I'm only a danger to food and they never go without, their stuff comes 1st.

I agree about the fact of it was legal it would be different but then again smoking within a certain distance of a school is illegal. Or so my college tutor once told us.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I hate the shit, not because I'm anti drugs I just don't like, it doesn't agree with me and regular/heavy users (much to their denial) become zombies a lot of the time who end up needing one first thing in the morning just to feel straight.

Now speed I can get on with bar the jaw ache :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I'd legalise everything personally, but smoking round kids isn't cool, tobacco included. I won't drink enough to get pissed around my younger nieces and nephews either. Of all the drugs I've done, I think weed has done me the most long lasting damage though, towards the end I was a total recluse. 6 months or so after I stopped I was on a degree course, it took away all my get up and go. I think my occasional social anxiety is down to that shit too.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24863
    edited February 2016
    I hate the stuff. I'm convinced my ex's psychosis is attributable to it and I have a friend who was a big user who has battled depression for years.

I've never enjoyed it - which I'm grateful for. It takes no effort from me to avoid it.

Anyone smoking it near kids needs sorting out....
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited February 2016
    richardhomer;973975" said:
    I hate the stuff. I'm convinced my ex's psychosis is attributable to it and I have a friend who was a big user who has battled depression for years.

I've enjoyed it - which I'm grateful for. It takes no effort from me to avoid it.

Anyone smoking it near kids needs sorting out....
    I think that's the one thing that bothers me about it (well that and the fake Jamaican accents the white youths that use it sometimes talk with), it's the people that tell me it's harmless. It's not, I've seen enough energetic, bright people become zombies from regular use to know it's not harmless.

Sure it isn't as bad as some legal drugs but let's not pretend it's harmless or a panacea for the world's ills.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6130
    edited February 2016
    A big part of the problem is that most grass these days tends to be high octane skunk. I found smoking it, except in tiny amounts to be pretty unpleasant. Not as unpleasant as those legal highs (bath salts/plant food), they are poison. Long term use of skunk though, will result in psychosis for many people, I've seen it in my own family.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I think everyone's experience with it different but when we went from smoking terrible 'rocky' everyday to the new strains of skunk everything changed. Smoking the rocky I got on with stuff and smoked it like cigs. The skunk fucked me up initially, then I got a tolerance and smoked it as much as the rocky-sent my head weird. I got very paranoid-all the time. People will say they never have any problems with it but I rarely believe them.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28352
    Ahhh, now I get it. When they say don't 'smack' your children they are talking about something completely different.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    speshul91 said:
    I smoke weed, in my bedroom away from the kids, I must be scum though as the school is 30 seconds away. Our 2 eldest know I smoke it, they have seen I'm only a danger to food and they never go without, their stuff comes 1st.

Well, that's a big thumbs down from me, smoking indoors is disgusting.  You fucking animal.

;)
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • I used to smoke a lot back in my teens, 20's and early 30's and as a few have posted it was illegally imported stuff from Morocco or, if you were lucky, Afghanistan and I proper loved it. Sure, not "healthy", but I got up and went to work every day and managed to make it to gigs on time mostly.

Once the supply of pot from those sources started to dry up due to the "war on drugs" limiting supply from North Africa, and the Afghan situation with the Taliban forcing weed growers to grow poppies instead, things changed as production moved to the modded factory grown hyper-strength malarkey.

I gave up smoking hash a few years ago now once I could no longer get exactly that, hash. All that was available locally was factory grown Skunk, and it messed with my head, a lot. Throwing sick days at work 'cos I just couldn't be arsed to get out of bed. Total lack of motivation to write music or even practice. So out it went.

In the last 12 months I've smoked it twice. Once at Christmas where someone actually had some Moroccan, and a few little bongs on Xmas Day was nice and I genuinely enjoyed the experience. Proper pot, in moderation, was very lovely.

And again a few days ago when a mate who works in Holland was back for a few days and I foolishly had a go of one of his Skunk spliffs. 10 minutes after I was in my bedroom, not having any fun at all, whitey'd up to death! Lesson learned, again ;)

Not smoking anything around kids is a no-brainer, and not smoking weed around them is doubly so. You really don't want 10 year olds thinking a joint in the morning is an OK thing to do. Try telling that to most of the parents near me though and it's like you're the one on drugs!

In my experience though, old school hash is generally not really a bad thing but the new hyper-strength Skunk varieties can really mess people up, and they certainly do me!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12448
    I smoked it daily for a few years late 80s early 90s, gold seal and sputnik. Made me trembly and paranoid, Id have to sit on my hands in social situations to hide the tremors. Some of my mates from back then are still at it, none of them have jobs. They were all clever lads too. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"