Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mylespaul forum

What's Hot

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Les Pauls - heavy, poor upper fret access. If you play one in a pub band someone shouts Oi Slash at you. Pretty much that's all there is you need to know, must be a very empty forum.

You sound bitter, had a bad experience?
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30939
    I hate the look of the forum over there. It's almost as if the whole site is a homage to Gibson quality control

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Compared to the LPF it's pretty laid back. I don't bother with either anymore because here's so much better/more helpful.

I remember LedZepFan from the LPF when he was a complete nooooob. He's a mod on MLP?? Arf!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• zepp76;975418" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

Les Pauls - heavy, poor upper fret access. If you play one in a pub band someone shouts Oi Slash at you. Pretty much that's all there is you need to know, must be a very empty forum.

I don't normally like to talk about it but when I was younger, well, let's just say a Les Paul hurt me and despite the years of therapy it still makes me cry sometimes.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    @12.22 is ok on my lappie, but wasn't worth the effort as there is fuck-all ever to had from there...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    EricTheWeary said:

I don't normally like to talk about it but when I was younger, well, let's just say a Les Paul hurt me and despite the years of therapy it still makes me cry sometimes.

Lol awarded. Show me on the doll where the Les Paul hurt you.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Compared to the LPF it's pretty laid back. I don't bother with either anymore because here's so much better/more helpful.

I remember LedZepFan from the LPF when he was a complete knob. He's now a knob on MLP?? Arf!
    FTFY. No charge.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • t0nit0ni Frets: 45
    I have been banned there a few times as well for selling my guitars even though I use my own logo and don´t do the open book thing on the headstock. They claim that Gibson lawyers are on there monitoring the classifieds, still they have a dedicated thread in the "other single cuts" section for used MIJ guitars that have open book headstock with Tokai logos etc. On one occasion when an ad was pulled for a guitar I had, it so happened that at the same time a guy in the vendors section was selling an almost identical guitar with same headstock modification as mine but it didn´t matter to them. When I pointed out to them that they were total hypocrites you guess what happened next LOL. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10317
    Used to be on it all the time years ago.Had a look the other day,the first time in ages,and after being here for the last couple of years or so it felt like reading a foreign language.I remember things could get heated VERY quickly at times.Too many 'know it alls' ready to shoot down other posters for my liking.

That River guy was one of the worst.Extremely snide,though it looks like he no longer frequents it judging by a thread dedicated to him.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    The short and simplified answer.
    MLP became a watered down version of LPF where wankers who thought they knew better, tried to tell people who didn't know what to think.
    LPF is very detailed and professional compared to most US sites. MLP is a clusterf#ck. Both can be entertaining but if I was spending ffasunds on a LP I know where I'd be asking for data or advice. LPF is mostly grown up and respectful.

It highlights that we are truly blessed with the way this forum runs.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3637
    I used to use MLP a fair bit and TBH found it very pleasant and helpful.

The thing is it is a very American site and they do tend to look at things in a different way to us, much prefer this British place.

I do pop in every now and then but for some reason I find the colours of the backgrounds and fonts uncomfortable to look at.

It was over there that I found out about this new place after the old MR forum disappeared, so certainly not all bad.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I was a bit shocked when I realised that MLPF tolerated threads and posts about fake Les Pauls. (Chinese guitars.......$8k replicas.....anything). Because....I would have thought the first rule of a forum named after Les Paul would be: Have a bit of respect for Les Paul.

But I was more surprised when LPF then had a reboot (and new ownership) and suddenly they were also tolerating threads about non Gibsons sporting a Gibson logo on the headstock. And they even started a seperate section for that!   :-O

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    MLP is a gobshite of a forum, it makes the youtube comments section look like the work of a philosopher master's degree submission.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    What's a "Les Paul"?
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4317
    Used to be on it all the time years ago.Had a look the other day,the first time in ages,and after being here for the last couple of years or so it felt like reading a foreign language.I remember things could get heated VERY quickly at times.Too many 'know it alls' ready to shoot down other posters for my liking.

That River guy was one of the worst.Extremely snide,though it looks like he no longer frequents it judging by a thread dedicated to him.
    Ah that River bloke was an absolute fucking prick. I've had a couple of run ins with him.

That place varies depending upon which forum you frequent. When I had an R8 I used to visit the Historic forum a lot and it was a pretty friendly place to be honest. I've never really been one for the Main forum. It was the Vintage forum where stuff tended to get nasty and escalate quickly. As has been said, too many 'experts'.  

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    tFB Trader
    I don't bother with MLP these days, much prefer LPF. In fact, we had a UK LPF meet last year and I met some cracking chaps, all genuine guys just happy to chat about and offer up Les Pauls, vintage and modern, for everyone to try. A great day.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3399
    Thanks for that - Can't believe he has his own forum.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • miserneil said:
    I don't bother with MLP these days, much prefer LPF. In fact, we had a UK LPF meet last year and I met some cracking chaps, all genuine guys just happy to chat about and offer up Les Pauls, vintage and modern, for everyone to try. A great day.
    Nail, Head. 

How's it going Neil? All well I hope. 
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
    Nail, Head. 

How's it going Neil? All well I hope. 
    Top class thanks Paul, same old, different day etc! All ok with you? Looking forward to our next meet whenever that may be :-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)