Mylespaul forum

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
Do any of you fine chaps use Mylespaul forum? I can't get on there at all today from my iPad, it just comes up "safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding". I have no problem with any other sites, anyone having the same problem?
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27733
    There are no other forums.

Anymore.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2028
    Can't open it from my iPad.
  • t0nit0ni Frets: 45
    It is completely down at the moment. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Just opened fine for me from my phone.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31709
    Have you been arguing with Martin 6string? I got banned for 18 months for daring to suggest that a young lad with his first Epiphone didn't need one of his 250 dollar looms.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • t0nit0ni Frets: 45
    Seems to be working again
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    p90fool;975088" said:
    Have you been arguing with Martin 6string? I got banned for 18 months for daring to suggest that a young lad with his first Epiphone didn't need one of his 250 dollar looms.

$250 loom?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Thanks all, it wasn't just me then!
    p90fool said:

Woah, that's a lengthy ban for using a bit of common sense!
  • Banned for life..twice would you believe? 

So pardon me for not giving a shite.....
    :-\"
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Banned for life..twice would you believe? 

I've got to ask, how do you manage to get banned for life twice?!
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited February 2016
  • zepp76 said:

'cos they didn't have the bollocks to stick to their first decision....I made it particularly easy for them to have to stick to their second. 

Some of the mods then came over to my home forum as sock puppets to do a couple of drive by shootings, they were sussed in double quick time, and essentially made utter pricks of themselves, so much so as to be embarrassing. Some really sound lads on the forum itself, but I wouldn't give you a shite for a couple of the mods.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    zepp76;975132" said:
    ourmaninthenorth said:

So pardon me for not giving a shite..... :-\"

He's actually a cat. :)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ourmaninthenorth;975153" said:
    Some really sound lads on the forum itself, but I wouldn't give you a shite for a couple of the mods.
    My findings exactly. There's one called Vic who used to be called LedZepFan who's pig ignorant and very aggressive to anyone who contradicts some of his vendor buddies, some of whom are pretty nasty snake oil salesmen.
    Watching them gang up on some of the more rational, polite, scientific minds there is very depressing.

In fact the whole atmosphere of the place made my own behaviour less than exemplary, something of which I'm not particularly proud.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    ourmaninthenorth;975153" said:
    Some really sound lads on the forum itself, but I wouldn't give you a shite for a couple of the mods.
    My findings exactly. There's one called Vic who used to be called LedZepFan who's pig ignorant and very aggressive to anyone who contradicts some of his vendor buddies, some of whom are pretty nasty snake oil salesmen.
    Watching them gang up on some of the more rational, polite, scientific minds there is very depressing.

In fact the whole atmosphere of the place made my own behaviour less than exemplary, something of which I'm not particularly proud.
    Another mate of mine was banned for calling LedZepFan an "unmitigated underpant" 

He really is a halfwit. 
    Haha nice one. I really don't miss the place, it brings out the worst in a lot of people, me included. Watching the wolves tear apart David Collins' pleasant rationalism was vile to watch. LedZepFan has zero technical knowledge, but constantly locked horns with a world-renowned robotics engineer (whose name I can't recall), sniggering at him and editing his posts all the time to make him look stupid.

When I defended his highly scientific approach the mods demanded to know what experience I had to justify my stance. When I gave them a brief (and genuinely modest) resume they publicly called me a liar then banned me for six months before I could answer. I checked back a couple of weeks later and they'd added a year to my ban in my absence!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30986
    Bonamassa has probably bought it, as he now controls the Les Paul market in its entirety.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Les Pauls - heavy, poor upper fret access. If you play one in a pub band someone shouts Oi Slash at you. Pretty much that's all there is you need to know, must be a very empty forum.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Les Pauls - heavy, poor upper fret access. If you play one in a pub band someone shouts Oi Slash at you. Pretty much that's all there is you need to know, must be a very empty forum.
    You should be a mod over there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom