The Fretboard Presents the 'Gimme Shelter' Guitar Tour.

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    edited February 2016 tFB Trader
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I demand my pic be taken again, I am frowning and need to adjust my posture @monquixote ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited February 2016
    @Alnico The post about your father is incredible, what an inspirational man he must have been!

He was Dave.
    His mother, my 'Nanna' was literally The head of the entire extended family as we grew up. She commanded so much respect from everyone, what she said, Went !

As well as what my Late Father did, my uncles followed his example and became incredibly successful, one as a Solicitor and One as a Corporate Accountant. My Auntie remained her absolute female companion and her pride and joy and although she chose to be a full time mother to her two daughters, she now works for one of my Uncles and has done for some time. By the time we got to my childhood in the 80's, The four Children made sure that she lived the rest of her life in absolute comfort and we all showed her how grateful we were for her sheer determination, without which my own generation may not have ever been born. She left us in 2007 and had lived until she was into her 80's.
    A life well lived and because of her time in the 'School of Hard Knocks', a life well won.

I am not the only one from our Family who took her spirit and ran with it. All the kids in my own generation did well and have her beauty and spirit within them.

Thanks Dave. Your comment means a lot and i sent this link to my Mum, who was naturally my late Father's best friend so as she checks this thread for updates, it will mean a lot to her too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Cool - apart from the coffee on my keyboard after you outed Taff :D

And a big Wow for Aziz Ibrahim - serious player!

I demand my pic be taken again, I am frowning and need to adjust my posture @monquixote ;)
    I've got an airbrush here somewhere, just give me a minute....

edited February 2016
    His hair looks fine !

:)
    tFB Trader
    I demand my pic be taken again, I am frowning and need to adjust my posture @monquixote ;)
    :D :D :D 

That may be a reference to someone who was perhaps taking themselves a bit seriously.... 
  • I demand my pic be taken again, I am frowning and need to adjust my posture @monquixote ;)

That may be a reference to someone who was perhaps taking themselves a bit seriously.... 

:-\" who me!

..............and for those of us that weren't there today, who might that be ?
    tFB Trader
    Alnico said:

I don't think it's fair of me to say, but you can probably work it out.
    edited February 2016
    Alnico said:

I don't think it's fair of me to say, but you can probably work it out.
    I'm there !

:)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30929
    There's deffo a 'look at my extended jazz chord" thing going on in these pics.

Neville Martin is winning hands down for my money.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    My wife said "that bloke looks cheeky"

I said "you don't know the half of it"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @monquixote said:

It's funny, mine was really impressed that we'd let a genuine homeless person in to have a go on the guitar..

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    edited February 2016
    Thankfully no-one took a pic of me playing it, but play it I did.  Through @Octatonic 's magical foot-Axe-stomp-spaceship thing no less.  
    It looks like nothing else I've ever had strapped on (easy now) and it sounds pretty damned fine.  @JookyChap, as I have said before, is a batshitmental genius and we, as a forum, are rather fucking fab.  

I genuinely believe it will raise awareness. You only have to know that the guitar and what it stands for helped @Alnico get an audience with Scott Gorham.  The look on his Face (Alnico, not Scott) after this was priceless and will live with me for a long time.  He was stoked.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    JookyChap said:
    @monquixote said:

It's funny, mine was really impressed that we'd let a genuine homeless person in to have a go on the guitar..
    '1/2 a crown, gimme 1/2 a crown so I can buy some of them there Posset raspberries guv..'

edited February 2016
    Flyers.

I need specific Flyers.

A few weeks ago i bumped into Norman Watt-Roy at my local guitar shop and the Wilco Johnson band were rehearsing / recording there !

With my new 'Free-time' lifestyle and this fire in my belly i can do more but boring people with my voice is nowhere near as effective as a specific, well thought out, impacting flyer.

I know it's Monday, this doesn't need doing today but it needs addressing soon.

I'm all in with helping / input just don't ask me to make executive decisions on this flyer.

I have said this in private but i will now say it publically.........

I retract my previous statement about NOT being the public face of this.

I would be honoured to be that and run with this as far and as fast as i can.

Consider me "All In" and that goes for ALL Media outlets, including the dreaded TV. (GULP !)
    tFB Trader
    Let me know who I need to get the guitar to and I'll try and work out some logistics. 

Even Nick can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear....