The Fretboard Presents the 'Gimme Shelter' Guitar Tour.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Let me know who I need to get the guitar to and I'll try and work out some logistics. 
    Will do Nick. It's yours for at the very least this week.
    I will be up to speed with dates etc in the next day or few.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    Alnico said:
    Let me know who I need to get the guitar to and I'll try and work out some logistics. 
    It's no hardship to look after it :)
    Alnico said:
    It's no hardship to look after it :)
    If it's heading East again after you, i will pick it up from you around St. Neots and push it across the county from there but i need a few days to get the dates i have from people in order...........TBC
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14305
    tFB Trader
    Nice to see you at the show Alnico and have a brief chat etc - I've now read your above blog and a very touching story about your family - I have a similar story on my grandma's side of the family - Bringing up a family of 8 kids on 1 small income in an old fashioned 2 up 2 down - a remarkable lady who is nearly 98, yet very sadly is now seeing out the final days of her life and maybe only a few days left - We don't know the half of it and what they had to go through - Their strength, integrity, generosity, faith and kindness is immense and maybe the world would be a better place with more people like them

I'll keep following the guitar on its tour etc and if I can help you know where I am - best wishes
    Nice to see you at the show Alnico and have a brief chat etc - I've now read your above blog and a very touching story about your family - I have a similar story on my grandma's side of the family - Bringing up a family of 8 kids on 1 small income in an old fashioned 2 up 2 down - a remarkable lady who is nearly 98, yet very sadly is now seeing out the final days of her life and maybe only a few days left - We don't know the half of it and what they had to go through - Their strength, integrity, generosity, faith and kindness is immense and maybe the world would be a better place with more people like them

I'll keep following the guitar on its tour etc and if I can help you know where I am - best wishes
    Thank you Mark.

It was great to meet you both too and i will keep in touch as this gets off the ground.
    Good luck to you with the retail plans we were talking about too.

Having never met you or spoken before i can say that money not withstanding, your shop is right up there with the top guys i would be imposing myself on for many shiny things of wonderment.

More power to you man.
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    Updates?
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @close2u said:
    Updates?
    The guitar is with Monquixote at the moment whilst @Alnico has been sorting the tour out. 

There is a new thread with more about the tour HERE in Off Topic. 

Now is the time to sign up proper, as things are really starting to happen...

• Hi Guys, really looking forward to getting to grips with the GSO. Is this the thread to talk about tour dates or the other thread?

We've got some small local gigs in April and May and then we head over to Ireland in the middle of June to play at Facefest 

But obviously just fit me in whenever it's practical.

Cheers,
    Liam

"As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    Hi Guys, really looking forward to getting to grips with the GSO. Is this the thread to talk about tour dates or the other thread?

We've got some small local gigs in April and May and then we head over to Ireland in the middle of June to play at Facefest 

But obviously just fit me in whenever it's practical.

Cheers,
    Liam

Cheers Liam,

I will be in touch in the next couple of days and stitch you into the schedule where we can.

Thanks very much for your support man,

Be back in touch soon.
    We spent Wednesday evening in the company of the incredibly cool band, 'The Temperance Movement'.

We were invited to a secret location on London where they were recording and me and Natasha were treated like guests for the entire afternoon and evening. Everyone involved could not have been nicer to us. We met the whole band and they took some time out later on for autographs and photographs.

A sincere thank you to @BusterCrabb for arranging this for us and the same to the band who were not only very interested in our project but incredibly supportive of our own personal story and the events which went before this.

Our guitar raises eyebrows wherever it goes and everyone was amazed by it as they always are. In roughly ten minutes it is going in my car to go and meet RSVMark for the next part of it's adventure but here it is with 'The Temperance Movement'.............

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Wicked - what nice folk they be :)

• Awesome!
    I have completely forgotten to mention that the timeless Mr Ian pace was also there and watching, listening to and meeting him was an honour. It wasn't possible to make that happen with the guitar and I couldn't talk to him for too long but what a drummer and what a nice guy. Another Wow part of a totally awesome day.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    edited March 2016

Sadly I cant live up to Alnico's contacts but the Gimme Shelter Guitar was a guest at Carl and Lianne's wedding over the weekend.

First up we have a family shot...

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1562/26029439201_f93681bbb5_h.jpg

Then a couple of yours truly...

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1513/26029468911_bbc1c0e10f_h.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1546/26003287062_d62da7cfb4_h.jpg

Then the happy couple moved in on the action....

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1709/26003258862_539ae69c7a_h.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1616/26029439561_3a6606bdcf_c.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1501/25491033744_a5733a9e93_b.jpg

Lovely couple, great night, full on gig and great friends.

The Gimme shelter will be moving on shortly to its next home - stay tuned

An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The Bride and Groom look incredible with the guitar, I love that first photo of them  !
    It looks great on stage too,
    Well done all of you. Fantastic Shots.
    Ok so,

The guitar is currently in Warwickshire with @rsvMark and it needs to get to Eastbourne.

We are looking for transport ideas to get the guitar to @fatoldman so could anyone who lives in between these two places jump in and help with transport please.

Replies by PM and I will coordinate it from there.

Thanks again everyone for supporting this.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Just curious what happened next - I was hoping the guitar would find its way further north on its travels.