Source Audio Nemesis vs Strymon ElCapistan

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• You have 2 delays already there fella. Is there a real reason why you want to add a third?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    edited February 2016
    @bintytwanger77

As you walk in my steps, rather like Hillary did in Tensing's, my advice is...

Just cut to the chase, fuck off all the compromises, go get a TC2290, as they're truly, truly in another league.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2231
    edited February 2016
    @meltedbuzzbox I'm going for an El Cap because neither the MF or the Particle have tape delay emulations (which I love and really want) and I'm not selling any more gear at a loss. I want to use all of it. I like lots of delays and reverbs: this is the long and the short and/or curly of it. Also the Particle's not exactly what you'd call a simple delay.
  • If ur looking for a great tape sound it's Skreddy Echo for the win.
    I think there's a good shnobel vid comparing it to the El Cap. Skreddy kills it imo and i've seen a few knocking about here recentley.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @AxeWieldingBastard Well I read this too late, went for the El Cap. I'm heading home, holding the bag with it in my hand as I type. Would like to give the Skreddy a try though, demos sound good.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2231
    edited February 2016
    I'm sure folk read my forum posts and think I'm an idiot. They might have a point...
  • Happy NPD then :)

I just watched that pedal show where they're comparing an ep3 to various digi and bbd reprasentations of the same effect. It was quite interesting, they didn't have an El Cap, but the Timeline compared very well.
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    Big fan of the El Cap over here! I think it does the tape thing really well. Depending on what your delay requirements are you might want to consider something a little cleaner and digital sounding to go with it. 

Personally, I have a digi delay on my board but very rarely use it as the el cap sounds belter!