Changed Notification preferences and Messages not being received

Not receiving messages/notifications although ticked in Notification section.   Checked my Junk folder and they are not going there.. Can anyone help?
thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Are you using Gmail?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27350
    I'm also not getting emails in gmail. They used to go to Spam, so I set up a filter, now they don't appear at all. Suspect I may have done something wrong.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    I too use Gmail, I got used to rescuing them from the spam folder, but the last notification I received via Gmail was 21st Feb, so it looks to me like their spam filters are killing them on sight.  It had happened sporadically before this.  Not the end of the world, but a bit of a shit, none the less   :-S

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Gmail's killing them for me too. Nothing even shows up in my spam box any more.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• Yep gmail as well. Any solutions?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27762
    @digitalscream

On the one hand, Google loves our content.
    On the other hand, it seems to hate our notification emails.  Is there any way of fixing that problem?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26864
    TTony said:
    @digitalscream

On the one hand, Google loves our content.
    On the other hand, it seems to hate our notification emails.  Is there any way of fixing that problem?
    I've been trying to figure out exactly why I don't have this problem with GMail, but everybody else does. Still no answer on that, I'm afraid :(
    <space for hire>
  • frictionfractionfrictionfraction Frets: 402
    edited March 2016
    Not much help but as soon as I changed to my iCloud address emails came through, so why gmail blocks it without even sending it to junk is beyond me. It's like some sort of unseen filter is in place
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Maybe they have your mail server blacklisted?

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

OK, this suddenly became a problem for me this morning. I appear to have solved it by adding noreply@thefretboard.co.uk as a contact, then clicking the star on that contact (marking it as a favourite?). I've had a few notifications since, and they're all going to the right place.
    <space for hire>
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1784
    The solution given in the old thread was this:
    m_c said:

If you're using gmail, you have to setup a rule/filter so that any email from noreply@thefretboard.co.uk never gets sent to spam.

Go to Settings -> Filters and Blocked Addresses -> Create a new filter (bottom of the page on a computer) -> enter noreply@thefretboard.co.uk into the From field -> click "Create Filter with this search" -> then tick the box for "Never send it to spam" -> and finally click "Create filter"

But recently they've stopped coming through at all - not even into my spam folder  :(
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • BigMonka said:
    The solution given in the old thread was this:
    m_c said:

If you're using gmail, you have to setup a rule/filter so that any email from noreply@thefretboard.co.uk never gets sent to spam.

Go to Settings -> Filters and Blocked Addresses -> Create a new filter (bottom of the page on a computer) -> enter noreply@thefretboard.co.uk into the From field -> click "Create Filter with this search" -> then tick the box for "Never send it to spam" -> and finally click "Create filter"

But recently they've stopped coming through at all - not even into my spam folder  :(

Use to work but not now
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12971
    I haven't changed anything but I started receiving emails about PMs again yesterday. Anyone else? 
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Mine are back ~ in the spam folder ~ but back again...

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1784
    Oh yeah, mine have come back too. It still thinks it's spam though and gives links to the following info which may be useful for the admins: 

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27762
    I know @digitalscream had planned to make some changes that would hopefully resolve the problem of Google not liking our email traffic volumes ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Excellent. Good that gmail now seems to be back on the acceptable list.
    Yep - working on it. Can't really control when it (the domain transfer) happens, though, so there might be a tiny bit of downtime for the whole site at some point.
    <space for hire>
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1251

One reason the emails likely get flagged as spam, is they're all pretty much identical.

Is there any way to include the content of the latest reply in the emails, or at least limit to a single reply notification until you visit the forum again?

m_c said:

One reason the emails likely get flagged as spam, is they're all pretty much identical.

Is there any way to include the content of the latest reply in the emails, or at least limit to a single reply notification until you visit the forum again?

Not really; however, the main reason they're getting flagged is that there's no SPF record on the domain. The current domain registrar's control panel is buggy as hell and seems to wipe our records every time we try to change it, so I'm working on transferring it to my account at 123-Reg. Once that's done, we'll be golden :)
    <space for hire>