Muffroom Cloud will be changing its name as of 1 Sept.

What's Hot

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    EdGrip said:
    I favour the ff-ph shift, or something which is similarly near-as-damnit what it was before. Like, "Lol, stfu EHX, it's The M'ffroom Cloud now. See ya!". 

If not, a lawsuit-referencing in-joke name. 
    My initial thought was along the same lines.... but id rather make a clean break and not incur anymore wrath....
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    Just seen "Big Huff". Sums it up beautifully.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    BIG MILF
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    So I've not been on this thread in a month or so and there are 60+ new comments, to cut to the point and not have to read all of them, has the new name been announced?
  • Yes... it's now known as...

The Pedal That Was Previously Called Muffroom Cloud.

The circuit board has exactly the same components as the original model... but the pedal is now 2' 5" wide (to accommodate the new name and logo).  

:)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    preston61 said:
    So I've not been on this thread in a month or so and there are 60+ new comments, to cut to the point and not have to read all of them, has the new name been announced?

Not yet, and there is good reason for that, so please forgive me..... It's a good one though.;)
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26621
    ThorpyFX said:
    preston61 said:

Not yet, and there is good reason for that, so please forgive me..... It's a good one though.;)
    Is it one suggested on this thread? Because if so...you probably picked the only one that's not likely to a) land you in more hot water, or b) make people roll their eyes ;)
    <space for hire>
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    So "Nimbus Frolically Covered Lady Parts" wont be considered as an option then?? Shame :-(
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    preston61 said:

Is it one suggested on this thread? Because if so...you probably picked the only one that's not likely to a) land you in more hot water, or b) make people roll their eyes ;)
    I like to keep things classy, consequently the name chosen meets both a) and b).... what it is though will be revealed after a set period of time.
    tFB Trader
    preston61 said:
    So "Nimbus Frolically Covered Lady Parts" wont be considered as an option then?? Shame :-(
    sadly not
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1266
    I heard recently (You Tube vid from a US shop) that EHX have forced Mooer to withdraw the Tender Octaver POG-alike. That one doesn't look like OR have a name that sounds like the EHX pedal. And it's tiny, so can't be the same board. On what grounds can they force Mooer to stop production?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26621
    I heard recently (You Tube vid from a US shop) that EHX have forced Mooer to withdraw the Tender Octaver POG-alike. That one doesn't look like OR have a name that sounds like the EHX pedal. And it's tiny, so can't be the same board. On what grounds can they force Mooer to stop production?
    I can't imagine they have any legal grounds to do so, but - as we've seen - that doesn't mean they can't get their lawyers to send a threatening letter.

Another trick - totally illegal, but popular in the IT world a few years back - would be for EHX to simply tell Mooer that they'll tell retailers that they'll withdraw favourable pricing if they stock Mooer products unless Mooer stop making the pedal. EHX have a bigger name, so that would kill Mooer's sales channel.

NOTE: I'm not saying that happened. It's just another way to force a competitor to stop doing something.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I was actually just thinking about how few places I've seen the TO for sale recently. Such a great pedal.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Muffy McMuff-Face? 

anyone..?

No? OK I'll get my coat

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    How about renaming Miffroom Cloud?
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I can't imagine they have any legal grounds to do so, but - as we've seen - that doesn't mean they can't get their lawyers to send a threatening letter.

Another trick - totally illegal, but popular in the IT world a few years back - would be for EHX to simply tell Mooer that they'll tell retailers that they'll withdraw favourable pricing if they stock Mooer products unless Mooer stop making the pedal. EHX have a bigger name, so that would kill Mooer's sales channel.

NOTE: I'm not saying that happened. It's just another way to force a competitor to stop doing something.
    Isn't that what JHS did to Devi Ever a few years back?
    Stop crying, start buying
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    Because they're bigger boys and they will steal their lunch money if they don't.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214

In reality all it does is give a certain amount of validation to Mooer. It MUST be good if EHX are worried about it.
    Better just let punters find out for themselves that "cheap for a reason" is a thing,...
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    The Mooer electric mistress clone is actually better than the current ehx one. And their dirtboxes pop everytime you turn them on or off.