The 'Gimme Shelter Tour' Dates.

What's Hot

Comments

• RickydRickyd Frets: 149
    I'll pm my details Simon
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @alnico ;

Looking forward to getting hold of the GSO soon. We've got two gigs in Ireland now, a pub gig on the Friday and the festival slot on the Saturday.

Is there a spiel anyone has written explaining who, what, where and why we're doing this that I could put on our Facebook page?
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @alnico ;

Looking forward to getting hold of the GSO soon. We've got two gigs in Ireland now, a pub gig on the Friday and the festival slot on the Saturday.

Is there a spiel anyone has written explaining who, what, where and why we're doing this that I could put on our Facebook page?
    I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing what you did with it too.

The facebooky spiely stuff is @jookychap 's domain so maybe a PM to him.
    If @fatoldman keeps the guitar case in the transit box when he passes it on and then @Roland put's it back into the transit box after his gig on June 12th, i will pay for a courier to collect it on the 13th and take it up to Glasgow to you @failed_astronaut so that you definitely will have the guitar on June 14th.
    As far as i can see you will then have the guitar until June 22nd - does that cover both your gigs in Ireland ?
    July and August are still totally free if anyone would like to take this up through July or August ?

@Travisthedog  ........any idea when you want to try to hook up with this and also pop into see @koneguitarist ?

I know @Mgaw wants a go on this too so if you guys want to try to nail something down i will put it on the schedule and join in as much as i can, especially a trip to the west country.

Lemme know guys.
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1847
    I'm cool wherever - snails are on a bit of a hiatus but have gigs June and July I think (checks calendar)
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1847
    18th July 10th September - we really are shit this year

Damn drummer troubles
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4152
    Happy to see you boys whenever ok.
    If you two have a think about that then.

18 July is a Monday, Taff's Radio Show is Tuesday night. Whether i can make it with the guitar is in the air right now as we just lost our car but if i can make it i will.

John, let me know if you want that date and we will sort something out.
    @Rickyd

Did the meet go ok and you've got the guitar?

If so can you PM @Roland and arrange to meet him ?
    edited May 2016

Guitar safely homed in Purley for the time being, waiting to hear from Roland to confirm a convenient pick up date.

Congrats to Jooky, it really is a lovely looking guitar.

Mark if you have one of your headstock badges kicking around, Ive finally finished the Strappado build after god knows how long and one of those would look rather nice.

@Rickyd

That's Magic, thank you.
    Hope you get a small chance to enjoy the guitar before the handover. 
    I will leave it for you and @Roland to hook up.

Great going guys and thanks again for your support.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8731
    Tomorrow the guitar is on its way to @failed_astronaut in Glasgow. Our drummer has printed some Gimme Shelter flyers which can be used alongside normal gig posters. I'll put them in the case.

Note to future users: 
    1. The guitar is currently set up for 10-52s. To get enough space to adjust the intonation I had to remove a couple of the saddle springs. These are taped to the inside of the control cavity cover.
    2. One of the saddle screws has something jammed in the Allen key socket. I couldn't get it out, and I haven't got a screw with the right thread, so I've left it as it is.

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Thanks for everything you've done @Roland .

Now, i believe @failedastronaut is going to take it to Ireland for a week or two for his band's gigs.

@jookychap how's the media side looking?
  • Very excited for my turn with the GSO.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    Roland said:
    Tomorrow the guitar is on its way to @failed_astronaut in Glasgow. Our drummer has printed some Gimme Shelter flyers which can be used alongside normal gig posters. I'll put them in the case.

Note to future users: 
    1. The guitar is currently set up for 10-52s. To get enough space to adjust the intonation I had to remove a couple of the saddle springs. These are taped to the inside of the control cavity cover.
    2. One of the saddle screws has something jammed in the Allen key socket. I couldn't get it out, and I haven't got a screw with the right thread, so I've left it as it is.

Roland, how did you get on with it at your Saturday gig?

• RolandRoland Frets: 8731
    I've not used that type of pickup before. It was nice and bright, without being shrill. The neck profile is very good. The frets under the top E are a bit low for my liking because I bend a lot.

Pictures were taken this week and last, but I've not received them yet.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Jesus H Christ, it's been "out for deliery" since 5.30am!
  • Got it. Typically it arrived when I was out of the office! It's quite a beautiful looking thing isn't it?!
    Excellent news.
    Glad it arrived ok and yes, it's a rare gem.

Enjoy your time with it and let us know how you get on.