The 'Gimme Shelter Tour' Dates.

What's Hot
AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
edited March 2016 in Off Topic
Hey World,

This will be the thread that tracks the progress of the 'Gimme Shelter Tour', who has the Guitar and where it's booked to be next / soon / not so soon.

This first post will be constantly updated as things get booked and sorted and the thread itself can form the discussion thereof, so please do check back to this first post to see what's happening and where we are so far.

If those who are interested in joining in from 'The Fretboard' can register that interest here and also give some brief details of what they have planned for our 'Little Fella' then that would be great.

So......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited May 2016
    The Gimme Shelter Tour Dates 2016

February 27/28 - Birmingham Guitar Show
    February 28/March 11 - Suffolk @Monquixote (Soul Riot)
    March 11/24 - Bedford / London @Alnico (Crashtime)
    March 25/April 5 - Warwick @RSVMark (Mainly South)
    April 15/22 - Eastbourne @Fatoldman (Fat Old Man)
    June 2 /12 - Nottingham @Roland (Urban Legends)
    June 15/22 - Glasgow / Ireland @FailedAstronaut (The Bill)
    September 25 - Leeds & Bradford Guitar Show
    October 23 - The South of England Guitar Show
    November 27 - Merseyside Guitar Show
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27639
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    I'd still love to be a part of this.
    Originally donated £20 in the very first thread.
    I read that donations will be refunded, but there's no need with mine... just chuck it in a pot and give it to Shelter.

In terms of what I can bring to the table.
    Well, I'm in a gigging originals band with quite a healthy social media presence.
    Could quite easily get it seen by a lot of people within my demographic (early 20s) which will lead to more awareness.

Without blowing my/our own trumpet, we have some stuff in the pipeline which should make May/June/July a pretty exciting time for us.

My plan of action during the time I had it would probably be:
    • Get some press coverage in the local papers (Wigan, Bolton) - I have some contacts from over the years.
    • Local radio will help out. Wish FM has great audience figures and we're friendly with a couple of the DJs. I could get on their "Twitface of the Day" feature which allows people to plug a certain cause/company at quite a peak time. This would give me a chance to raise awareness for the cause and hopefully direct some traffic to the blog.
    • I'd ensure we had at least 1 gig booked whilst I had it. We'd then promote the gig extensively online whilst also promoting Shelter (as well as The Fretboard and the blog). Also, we could possibly plan it so that we're playing with another Fretboard member's band on the night - get both bands using the guitar, and also doubles up on the promotion.
    • Finally, if things go to plan in the months that I mentioned above, we'll hopefully be getting some air time on some big radio stations - this would direct traffic to our online pages and, in turn, lead to more people viewing our posts promoting this cause.
    Anyway, in a nutshell, I'd do all in my power to make sure we, as a band, raised as much awareness as possible.
    I'd make sure there were numbers at the gig, and we could also do some sort of fund raising on the night.

Let me know what you reckon @Alnico :)
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Sounds perfect Lew :) Step into Big Al's office...

(Had to be careful there, Big Al isn't too far from Bi Gal and I hate to offend)

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Locations might be useful.
    Locations might be useful.
    Sorted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Lewligan said:
    I'd still love to be a part of this.
    Originally donated £20 in the very first thread.
    I read that donations will be refunded, but there's no need with mine... just chuck it in a pot and give it to Shelter.

In terms of what I can bring to the table.
    Well, I'm in a gigging originals band with quite a healthy social media presence.
    Could quite easily get it seen by a lot of people within my demographic (early 20s) which will lead to more awareness.

Without blowing my/our own trumpet, we have some stuff in the pipeline which should make May/June/July a pretty exciting time for us.

My plan of action during the time I had it would probably be:
    • Get some press coverage in the local papers (Wigan, Bolton) - I have some contacts from over the years.
    • Local radio will help out. Wish FM has great audience figures and we're friendly with a couple of the DJs. I could get on their "Twitface of the Day" feature which allows people to plug a certain cause/company at quite a peak time. This would give me a chance to raise awareness for the cause and hopefully direct some traffic to the blog.
    • I'd ensure we had at least 1 gig booked whilst I had it. We'd then promote the gig extensively online whilst also promoting Shelter (as well as The Fretboard and the blog). Also, we could possibly plan it so that we're playing with another Fretboard member's band on the night - get both bands using the guitar, and also doubles up on the promotion.
    • Finally, if things go to plan in the months that I mentioned above, we'll hopefully be getting some air time on some big radio stations - this would direct traffic to our online pages and, in turn, lead to more people viewing our posts promoting this cause.
    Anyway, in a nutshell, I'd do all in my power to make sure we, as a band, raised as much awareness as possible.
    I'd make sure there were numbers at the gig, and we could also do some sort of fund raising on the night.

Let me know what you reckon @Alnico :)
    I reckon you're a star !

I will be in touch over the next day or so and thank you very much for so much support.
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1847
    Can't see my name there?
    Can't see my name there?
    That's because we haven't organised a date yet !

We're hooking it up with Taff and the radio show so let me know what dates suit you via PM and we'll put it on the list.

There's lots of names still to go on the list as and when dates can be confirmed and there will be PM's flying about sorting this out over the next week or so.

You're going on the list man, that's not a problem.
    Can't see my name there?
    They probably heard you'd given up on music...gone drummer ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    PM's have now been sent to everyone who expressed an interest in this tour.

If i have missed someone, please forgive me and just let me know either here or via PM.

Now starts the task of trying to fit all this into one workable schedule so as replies come in, i will do my best to make sure everyone gets on the list and it all works geographically.

If you don't appear on the list immediately, it means i am trying to work out clashes so please bear with me.

As well as this, i am still dealing with the ongoing housing battle that started this whole project and at times it can be quite demanding but i will make sure no one who wants to be part of this gets left out.

Thanks everyone for your support and patience.
    Can i also stress that 'Gigging' this guitar is not essential.

There is a lot people can do to promote this tour while they have the guitar so please don't feel like you have to hit a stage to warrant being part of this.
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1847
    JookyChap;999246" said:
    @Travisthedog said:

Can't see my name there?

They probably heard you'd given up on music...gone drummer ;)
    Ouch
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I got kinda bored and made this...

Use it as you want!
    Stop crying, start buying

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    edited March 2016
    Stop crying, start buying
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14310
    tFB Trader
    Alnico - glad to see you got in with Peter at all the Guitar Shows - I'll be exhibiting at them all so hope to see teh guitar, you and any Fretboard members - best wishes Mark
    Alnico - glad to see you got in with Peter at all the Guitar Shows - I'll be exhibiting at them all so hope to see teh guitar, you and any Fretboard members - best wishes Mark
    Mark - I personally have not got in with Peter.
    The Dates for those shows are up on the schedule because we felt it was important for the for Guitar to make an appearance at each.

You will notice there isn't a name attached to each one yet.
    We are looking for willing victims to take the guitar to each show and then as we get them roped in, i will attach the name to the relevant show.

I know you've mentioned that you would like to display it yourself - is there one of the show's i could put you down for ?

Leeds / Bradford Maybe ?
    @guitars4you @Alnico

I've dropped Peter an email, but will follow up next week (I was kinda presuming he'd be snowed this week with a show on and all.) I'll let you know when I know :)

Update:

After a very successful wedding gig with @RSVMark , the guitar was due to go to @Roland and go on stage with his band 'Urban Legends' however that gig has had to be cancelled so the guitar is currently enjoying an extended period of rest in Warwickshire with Mark.

It's not booked to be anywhere for a while now so if no one has any objections i will contact @dampoldman and let him have a whirl recording something with the guitar.