Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone in touch with JXG?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Just wondering if anyone has had recent dealings with John?

6 week’s since the last comments on this thread, 6 months since any direct communication with John and 18 months + since I ordered I’ve still no idea about my guitar.

I care about John’s health - although I’ve never met him I’m human. And that is the primary thing here.

However I’m also out of pocket for a significant amount of cash some of which was raised by selling an item of jewellery bought for my 18th birthday with the specific proviso that the guitar would replace it. So I’m getting questions from family about that now!

I truly hope John is ok and I’m happy to wait - I don’t want him making himself worse by working if he’s unfit and equally (and selfishly) I don’t want him to rush out a sub standard guitar for me.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Iamnobody said:

6 week’s since the last comments on this thread, 6 months since any direct communication with John and 18 months + since I ordered I’ve still no idea about my guitar.

I care about John’s health - although I’ve never met him I’m human. And that is the primary thing here.

However I’m also out of pocket for a significant amount of cash some of which was raised by selling an item of jewellery bought for my 18th birthday with the specific proviso that the guitar would replace it. So I’m getting questions from family about that now!

I truly hope John is ok and I’m happy to wait - I don’t want him making himself worse by working if he’s unfit and equally (and selfishly) I don’t want him to rush out a sub standard guitar for me.
    It sounds like you've been more than reasonable...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Kilgore said:
    Iamnobody said:

Yes I have - and I’ve not really posted too much about it on here. 

I wouldn’t kick a man when he’s down...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    edited April 2018
    Iamnobody said:
    Kilgore said:
    Iamnobody said:

Has he been in touch with you lately? I think most customers would be more sympathetic if he’d given them a heads up on his health, the reasons for all the delays and/or the progress he’s making. It gets more worrying when there’s no info coming your way. I’ve said it before, but this guy seems to have no idea how to run his business 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:
    Iamnobody said:
    Kilgore said:
    Iamnobody said:

Has he been in touch with you lately? I think most customers would be more sympathetic if he’d given them a heads up on his health, the reasons for all the delays and/or the progress he’s making. It gets more worrying when there’s no info coming your way. I’ve said it before, but this guy seems to have no idea how to run his business 
    Not unless you class 6 months ago as lately! And he did provide some detailed commentary for the delay which I won’t repeat here as it’s his private business.

The lack of info is worrying but if someone is ‘that’ ill it’s probably the last thing on their mind. And with a one man outfit there’s nobody else there to pick up the slack.

That’s one of the reasons I posted I guess - a little nugget of info from elsewhere might put me at ease a bit.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11595
    tFB Trader
    If you owe people money or goods the best way to stop things getting ugly or out of hand is to be in regular contact and be making solid plans to see things are done right. Ignoring the people or ghosting on them never works best.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Iamnobody said:
    boogieman said:
    Iamnobody said:
    Kilgore said:
    Iamnobody said:

Not unless you class 6 months ago as lately! And he did provide some detailed commentary for the delay which I won’t repeat here as it’s his private business.

The lack of info is worrying but if someone is ‘that’ ill it’s probably the last thing on their mind. And with a one man outfit there’s nobody else there to pick up the slack.

That’s one of the reasons I posted I guess - a little nugget of info from elsewhere might put me at ease a bit.

Even if he is *that* ill couldn’t he have asked someone to email out an explanation for all the delays? As Jonathan has said ^ just ignoring your customers is the worst course of action. I hope this gets resolved soon for your sake but personally I wouldn’t be as understanding as you I’m afraid. Maybe that’s me being a git to a seriously ill guy (if that is indeed the problem) but I think the least he could do is keep his customers informed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    not heard anything from John since he told me a few weeks back that my guitar was being fretted and getting ready for spraying. 
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31605
    If he can fret, he can type. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    darcym said:
    not heard anything from John since he told me a few weeks back that my guitar was being fretted and getting ready for spraying. 
    It’s almost as though he told you what you wanted to hear to buy himself some time.

Personally I’m losing patience with respect to my build. I think I’ve been more than fair with him up to now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    I am afraid I’d have to knock on his door by now if he had my money and no contact.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6158
    blueskunk said:
    I am afraid I’d have to knock on his door by now if he had my money and no contact.
    You need his address for that. And he's not (often) at his supposed work address. I've had a forumite (from elsewhere) stop by there - no-one there and no sign of activity - and recorded-delivery letters bounce back as undelivered and uncollected.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom