Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Relic fail?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    edited December 2013

jd0272 said:
    Just to give an example of a really great relic, 

It's unrealistic, but it means it's not trying to be something it's not, as such - it's like a prop, and looks great for it!

It's horses for courses tho ain't it? I think that's more than 'get away-able' if you play like you're thrashing the fucking tits off it, but not if you're into smooth jazz. I'd get away with it. Seen much worse come out of Fender.
    The only real issue I have with this seller is his use of trademarked logos and that really is not on.
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    What trademarked logo? Not being an arse, just not seeing it, unless you mean 'Tele' ?
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • jd0272 said:
    What trademarked logo? Not being an arse, just not seeing it, unless you mean 'Tele' ?
    You need to look at his other listings
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Love the small print on those relics:

ITEM CAN BE RETURNED WITHIN 14 DAYS FOR REFUND OF PURCHASE PRICE.BUYER TO PAY POSTAGE UNLESS RETURNING ITEM DUE TO DAMAGE

How could you tell?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rox said:

ITEM CAN BE RETURNED WITHIN 14 DAYS FOR REFUND OF PURCHASE PRICE.BUYER TO PAY POSTAGE UNLESS RETURNING ITEM DUE TO DAMAGE

How could you tell?
    Damaged?! I've added £30 quid you cheeky bleeder!
  • GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    GazLion said:
    GazLion said:
    All this fake vintage stuff is crap, but that is on another level of crap
    If you're including Fender Custom Shop Relics in your 'fake vintage stuff', then there's thousand of guitarists out there who would wildly disagree with you. Me too - I've owned a few and some of them have been the best Strats/Teles I've ever played. And they're great for gigging guitars as you don't have to worry if they pick up the odd little bump along the way!
    Yup I certainly am! Thanks for the stats though. 
    Poor you, your blind prejudice means you're missing out on some of the finest guitars around! Each to their own though.   :)
    Genuine lol! Some people on this site are hilarious 
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Rox said:

How could you tell?
    Damaged?! I've added £30 quid you cheeky bleeder!
    "Genuine Inevitable Gibson Headstock break, fixed professionally with blu-tac and genuine Wrigley's Crewing Gum"
  • GazLion said:
    GazLion said:
    GazLion said:
    All this fake vintage stuff is crap, but that is on another level of crap
    If you're including Fender Custom Shop Relics in your 'fake vintage stuff', then there's thousand of guitarists out there who would wildly disagree with you. Me too - I've owned a few and some of them have been the best Strats/Teles I've ever played. And they're great for gigging guitars as you don't have to worry if they pick up the odd little bump along the way!
    Yup I certainly am! Thanks for the stats though. 
    Poor you, your blind prejudice means you're missing out on some of the finest guitars around! Each to their own though.   :)
    Genuine lol! Some people on this site are hilarious 
    Alright don't get your perfectly ironed undies in a twist. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• if it stays at that price, it's still a bargain, especially if it does have gibson pickups...
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Stayed at that price - 1 bid..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.