What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4652
    But one way not to go

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    tFB Trader
    As a HUGE AC/DC fan, I really hope they stop now. 

They'll end up in the 'Should have stopped years ago/watered down shite file' as Status Quo.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    I think Wynn Evans has the range, but whether he'd fit in with the band...

PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Philly_Q said:
    I think they should call it a day now.

That said, if they need a singer to finish the tour, that bloke from the other AC/DC tribute band Airbourne could probably do it...

Or the bloke from Rhino Bucket.

I agree they should call it a day.

Georg Dolivo is the Rhino Bucket singer. I'm a big fan of them, but they can't come to the UK due to some 'irregularities' which remain unexplained.

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7299
    I thought this waqs going to be someone finally realizing they only have one song.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12413
    It will be shit with a new singer, Just as shit as the Stones without Jagger would be. As said above, already one instrumental member gone in Malcolm, it would just be a tribute act without Brian
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • maidenfanmaidenfan Frets: 197
    edited March 2016
    But one way not to go

Fucking hell that was grim, who the fuck put that on the internet. I know who one of the dreadful harpies was but as for the other, no fucking idea.... (neither does she!)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72564
    Anastacia is good, on her own.

That… isn't.

The Shakira one is great, I've got a different version from the same tour on DVD on the Live & Off The Record album :). I'd imagine she might go down quite well with the average AC/DC fan - being probably a typical middle-aged bloke these days - too ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I thought this waqs going to be someone finally realizing they only have one song.

In that case they have exactly the same number of songs as their detractors have jokes.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    I much prefer Bon Scott period AC-DC. They were still a blues, rock'n'roll, boogie band with wit and imagination whereas Back in Black onwards they became a stodgy rock band. Although selling massively more records so I can hardly blame them!

I'm always a bit in two minds about the original band member thing - from the back of an arena you can't see anyone's face so as long as the playing is there and you get the whole AC-DC experience maybe it doesn't matter. Given the direness of Deep Purple when I last saw them if everyone had been replaced by someone non original but better I'm sure it would have been a better gig.

On the other hand Queen weren't Queen without Freddie to me and the rest should have stopped when he died. I guess I don't have the same attachment to Brian and an Angry Anderson or similar would be OK by me.

Anastacia is on my list of people who do good works for Crohns and Colitis so this puts her on the side of the angels for me. Although, deep down, I suspect if I watched that clip it would be awful... X_X and I'd similarly end up having to defend Rylan covering AC-DC, hopefully he hasn't... :(
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72564
    Given the direness of Deep Purple when I last saw them if everyone had been replaced by someone non original but better I'm sure it would have been a better gig. 
    On the other hand Queen weren't Queen without Freddie to me and the rest should have stopped when he died.

To me Deep Purple stopped being Deep Purple when Blackmore wasn't there, no matter how good a guitarist Steve Morse is. (Or even Tommy Bolin was.) I haven't seem them live but I don't want to based on the records - I will always treasure being able to see the proper Deep Purple on the House Of Blue Light tour... which was the last one, for me.

I agree about Queen and Freddie too - especially as John Deacon also left.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23048
    ICBM said:
    Anastacia is good, on her own.

That… isn't.

The Shakira one is great, I've got a different version from the same tour on DVD on the Live & Off The Record album :). I'd imagine she might go down quite well with the average AC/DC fan - being probably a typical middle-aged bloke these days - too ;).

If they were considering a female guest vocalist (which I'm sure they're not), there would be no-one better suited than Sass Jordan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NktMr8Sjqk

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    For fans a lot comes down to who carries the bands image. Queen was Freddie then Brian in th publics eyes. Purple musically were blackmore and Lord, although Tommy Bolin was awesome.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    edited March 2016
    A possible solution, after all she knows the words:

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1211
    What a shame. I can't imagine wanting to see ACDC with a guest vocalist. Time to call it a day IMHO. What they should really have done was keep it quiet and replace him with a look-a-like as The Beatles did when Paul McCartney died in 1966.
    Link to my trading feedback
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2482
    ICBM said:
    Given the direness of Deep Purple when I last saw them if everyone had been replaced by someone non original but better I'm sure it would have been a better gig. 
    On the other hand Queen weren't Queen without Freddie to me and the rest should have stopped when he died.

To me Deep Purple stopped being Deep Purple when Blackmore wasn't there, no matter how good a guitarist Steve Morse is. (Or even Tommy Bolin was.) I haven't seem them live but I don't want to based on the records - I will always treasure being able to see the proper Deep Purple on the House Of Blue Light tour... which was the last one, for me.
    Being right all the time could become annoying you know...
    I was at the NEC in '87 :)

Re the OP sadly I think they should probably call it a day now. I guess they're only still recording and touring because they enjoy it though so that could be hard to give up.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • Evilmags said:
    For fans a lot comes down to who carries the bands image. Queen was Freddie then Brian in th publics eyes. Purple musically were blackmore and Lord, although Tommy Bolin was awesome.
    Some would argue that it is Angus that carries the image for DC, which he undoubtedly does to a large degree, but then again I do think Brian with his flat cap and black vest is pretty iconic too, as far as a Geordie bloke screaming his head off can be :)

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    FX_Munkee;998077" said:
    ICBM said:

EricTheWeary said:Given the direness of Deep Purple when I last saw them if everyone had been replaced by someone non original but better I'm sure it would have been a better gig. On the other hand Queen weren't Queen without Freddie to me and the rest should have stopped when he died.

Being right all the time could become annoying you know...

I was at the NEC in '87 :)

I saw them with Blackmore, Gillan, et al at the NEC around that time so must have been that gig. I remember Blackmore's featured solo as just shrill noise but this is a long time ago. I went with a mate from college on a reciprocal arrangement that I went to see Jethro Tull with him. I remember that much more fondly.
    Although Steve Morse with Purple in late 2014, IIRC, also horrible shrill guitar sound so there's some kind of continuity there. Off to see Blackmore in June at the NEC so I'm looking forward to yet more shrill guitar noises then...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5163
    ICBM said:

I agree about Queen and Freddie too - especially as John Deacon also left.
    Yep, Deacon had the right idea- it's not Queen without Freddie, so go home and spend your millions with the Queen brand unblemished.

Have you seen the news story recently of the very odd conversation that ended Sacha Baron Cohen's involvement in the Freddie Mercury biopic?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.