Show me your loop-switcher-based pedalboards...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7431
    Wis'd
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Honestly? I've been around that roundabout at least four times now.

I go back to single pedals every single time. I've explained why in other threads.

If multi-FX's do it for you, then you may like it. But if they don't, a loop-switcher setup is no better and often worse than a digital multi-fx.
  • I have a few switchers- none of which I use live anymore. The key is to switch your guitar into one then straight into your amp and make sure you like the sound. My favourites by a country mile are Providence and Free The Tone. Certain others I don't like. If you are upto £700 then the RJM is very cool. There is a lot of circuitry within which is playing with your signal. Great if you are running a lot of pedals as you are running through a lot anyway  - not so if you use a few UNLESS they are tone suckers.

If you are only switching a couple of pedals each song I wouldn't bother. If you are running a midi unit at the same time then I would for the midi function.

I had a FX8 and have recently acquired another which was a bit silly on my part. It doesn't have the mojo of voiced analog units which I find really noticeable live.  

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    @TimmyO: Take yourself back to basics - what is the problem you are trying to solve? Then, look at ways to solve the problem.

Here's a pic of my G2-based board from a while ago:

I used it in a covers band, and it meant I could go from a clean sound with a touch of compression and slapback echo to a huge Van Halen-style sound in one click. The G2 switches the H9 patch via MIDI, and I have a POG 2 with a MIDI enhancement to go on the board when I get chance.

R.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom