Recommend me a nice MUFF!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TeeByrdTeeByrd Frets: 159
    Cheers for all the suggestions! I've already got a Skreddy Lunar Module Deluxe on my board so don't think I'll consider the P19 now. Another Skreddy I quite like the sound of is the BC239. Still considering the Muffroom as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited March 2016
    Thorpy's pedal that shall not be named for fear of copyright ;) has proper tone controls for bass and treble (mids stay put) so you can get a whole range of things out of that (increasing both will get you a scooped mid). 

If you want something at the more extreme end of the spectrum I can do you something stonery/sludgy or tighter/more aggressive with a standard muff tone (actually kind of a tilt, again the mids stay just about put) and additional mids control that'll go really scooped to reasonably flat.

Indeed I'm planning on offering those two up as a 'standard' pedal build when the boards land and I get off my arse and build some proto's. Reminds me that I must hit @musteatbrain and Tom to try and get together and actually record some stuff at some point... ;)
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    ^^ old @juansolo is the man for fuzz!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.