SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD : ATLAS HAND BUILT SUPER-STRAT. reduced to £580

What's Hot
pruddprudd Frets: 669
edited July 2016 in Guitars £
sold
sold

Not going to be easy to sell this one due the name on the headstock, and frankly i'm not bothered if it doesn't. 

Atlas Luxurious (naff name I know) super-strat. Absolutely stunning guitar, hand crafted in Thailand, top top quality woods used throughout, Wilkinson hardware and hand made Atlas p/ups.

Ive owned several Atlas's over the years, and they really are great guitars, you should check them out if you ever get the chance.

Couple of build shots:

Thick maple top on stunning Ash one piece body, highly flamed maple neck and what I believe to be an Ebony fretboard, but it might well be Cocoboa. If you look at the headstock, the flame is not a veneer, its the one piece maple neck.

Have only got a quality gig bag , so would need to be collected, would meet up within reasonable distance of Dunstable.

£695  slight drop to £670  big reduction to £580
1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1817
    Bugger, this guitar has haunted me ever since I played one at a guitar show!! Every time one shows up I haven't got the cash!!

If my PRS sells I'll be in touch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What is the weight and can you describe the neck profile? Thanks
  • pruddprudd Frets: 669
    edited March 2016
    What is the weight and can you describe the neck profile? Thanks

Its 8 lbs. I'm not great with neck profile descriptions, but having had a feel around my other stuff I'd say its close to my PRS wide fat with more of a c shape, its definately bigger than my Tom Anderson Hollow Classic, but is a similar profile.
    One thing I forgot to say in the post is that it has a satin finish with large frets, which is beautiful to play.

• How much are these new?
    Not sure you can buy them anymore, the guy who makes them has stopped due to ill health.This model was around £1200 I believe, 6/7 years ago. 
  • Is it a drop top, can't really tell from the pics?
    Is it a drop top, can't really tell from the pics?
    Yes it is, will get some more pics up tomorrow
  • DarrenDarren Frets: 168

Beautiful guitar...

I tried a few of these a few years ago at a distributors house in Swansea. Every one was superb.

Anyone considering this guitar don't let the name on the headstock put you off - these are up there with Anderson & Suhr's.

If I had the cash I would be buying this today.

Awesome guitar @prudd

Darren

Darren said:

Beautiful guitar...

I tried a few of these a few years ago at a distributors house in Swansea. Every one was superb.

Anyone considering this guitar don't let the name on the headstock put you off - these are up there with Anderson & Suhr's.

If I had the cash I would be buying this today.

Awesome guitar @prudd

Darren

Thanks for the comments Darren,that would have been Paul Cumming you dealt with, a great guy and very helpfull, never been to his house but have met him many times at various North West Guitar shows when I lived up north.

Ive owned a few of them over the years, all of them great guitars, most of them that I sold went to people I know.
    weekend bump
  • Wish I could afford that one, I have two Atlas guitars, an Atlas Elegant and a Star Saphire which I think was once owned by you. Atlas are great guitars and its a shame more people don't know about them.
    Good luck with the sale.
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27659
    I had the opportunity to see this guitar (briefly, in a Tescos car park!) this morning.

It is stunning in the flesh.  Materials looks top quality, and as Prudd pointed out, that headstock is NOT veneered - that's the degree of flame that's in the neck.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1740
    TTony said:
    I had the opportunity to see this guitar (briefly, in a Tescos car park!) this morning.

It is stunning in the flesh.  Materials looks top quality, and as Prudd pointed out, that headstock is NOT veneered - that's the degree of flame that's in the neck.

TTony said:

What we're you doing hanging about in a tesco car park?
    Isn't there a name for that? Lol 
    Wish I could afford that one, I have two Atlas guitars, an Atlas Elegant and a Star Saphire which I think was once owned by you. Atlas are great guitars and its a shame more people don't know about them.
    Good luck with the sale.
    Yes Pete that Sapphire was one that I owned, sold it to a friend up north. It was one of 3 atlas's that i bought from a guy near Manchester over a period of a couple of years.
    You'd have a nice trio of Atlas's if you could buy the Luxurious.
  • If Only, spoke to the wife about it, she's not having it I'm afraid. See what happens if I can sell my Bacchus! Sorry to have muscled in on your thread by the way.
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
    still available and still stunning :)
    bump
    OK, just as i thought, a difficult one to sell, your missing out, its a stunning guitar crafted from top quality woods for very little money, and talking of money I have dropped the price a touch!

• allenallen Frets: 713
    What's the scale length? And nut width? Thanks.