Cab covers?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited March 2016
    Im about to buy a slide over flightcase for a montage 1x12

http://www.lean-business.co.uk/eshop/montage-112-intro-slide-over-flight-case-p-2335.htmlabout to pickup a slide over flighcase for a montage 1x12 cab

Is anyone doing similar for amps as alternative to padded covers or full flighcases
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Do you mean these @JMP220478http://www.lean-business.co.uk/eshop/montage-112-intro-slide-over-flight-case-p-2335.html?gclid=CND1seW6x8sCFbMK0wodEhUDIw

Interesting, do they have a base at all, or is it literally a bottomless box?
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430

ICBM said:
    I prefer the Roqsolid too, just curious since I've only seen pretty good work from HotCovers.

I've got a Silverstone on my Mesa (which the previous owner bought) but I don't really like it, it's slightly too short so it doesn't protect the bottom edge of the amp properly, and I don't like the overly stiff unfoldable bulk of it. I should get around to replacing it really...
    I bought covers for three Fender amps from Silverstone in his early days and they were excellently made and a very good fit but later reports started to come in of customers being let down and the product quality falling. I don't know the reason but perhaps he was a victim of his own success and got over-stretched. Who knows? The trouble is that, unlike @KaBL who recently apologised on here for a few hiccups and retained respect, the guy running Silverstone (can't remember his name) just ignored his unhappy customers. Business over.

Yes, the padding of the defunct Silverstone and current HotCovers makes them difficult to fold down compared to Roqsolid but they do, I believe, give a little more protection. As with a lot of things, it's a trade-off :)
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2466
    I loved the old Silverstone covers (I regret not getting a custom one in royal blue for my Laney when they were still in business), but their customer service went downhill. I still wish someone made those vinyl covers in custom colours though, they were very smart.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2016
    not_the_dj;1006564" said:
    Do you mean these @JMP220478http://www.lean-business.co.uk/eshop/montage-112-intro-slide-over-flight-case-p-2335.html?gclid=CND1seW6x8sCFbMK0wodEhUDIw

Bottomless box tbh but comparable with padded cover pricewise and lighter than full flightcase .

My small pub rig is this 1x12 and Jet City Custom 22H - i want a similar slide over for this head ( £230 amp - doesnt easily justify £150+ flightcase )!
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited March 2016
    I've had both but I must admit I found the RoqSolid better in terms of being able to spec up a front pocket to be sewn in so you can put a piece of wood inside it to protect the grill and speaker. Being a cab I would think that is the only area you really need to be protecting etc:)

In fact I'm going to be ordering from RoqSolid again soon for a cab I've just bought :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Check out DF2 Padded covers - they're thick and fit like a glove
    Picked up the Montage slide over flightcase - great idea comparatively lightweight ; feels solid
    JMP220478 said:
    not_the_dj;1006564" said:

Bottomless box tbh but comparable with padded cover pricewise and lighter than full flightcase .

My small pub rig is this 1x12 and Jet City Custom 22H - i want a similar slide over for this head ( £230 amp - doesnt easily justify £150+ flightcase 
    The slide over flightcase arrive today - well pleased so far - lightweight rigid good fit and makes a great cab stand too .. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    I've used Hotcovers in the past and was very pleased with the result.
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    JMP220478 said:

The slide over flightcase arrive today - well pleased so far - lightweight rigid good fit and makes a great cab stand too .. 
    This is the kind of thing I've always wanted for combo amps, but have never found a supplier.  Lean Business don't do custom sizes though (I asked).  Does anyone know of someone who could do this?
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    Ordered a Hot Covers one for my 2 x 12 Tone Tubby Cab. Came within the week and looks great and fits really well.

I've had some more from them in the past and like them and prices are good too.