Adele headlining glastonbury

What's Hot

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 987
    I hate the register and get tickets, and then we will gradually announce the bands thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3912
    What sort of person has Adele, Coldplay and Muse in their music collection? I wouldn't want to stand in the vicinity of those types and Glastonbury can fook off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    Daniel O'Donnell and Andre Rieu next to be announced I've heard.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    Deadman;1009443" said:
    What sort of person has Adele, Coldplay and Muse in their music collection? I wouldn't want to stand in the vicinity of those types and Glastonbury can fook off.
    Not me - that's for sure.

I can't stand Muse - a total bloody racket!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Deadman;1009443" said:
    Not me - that's for sure.

I can't stand Muse - a total bloody racket!

The Damned at the Royal Albert Hall is my next big gig. Captain Sensible and the gang making great sounds and a load of old sweats jumping up and down and getting drunk in a lovely old joint. Bloody heaven and no Adele fans allowed.
  • vizviz Frets: 10700
    edited March 2016
    ^ haha sounds .... fun
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Deadman;1009443" said:
    Agree, I'd hate to spend time with someone who liked Muse
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Just shows what a bloated old pig Glastonbury has become. What happened to the "edgey" festival of the 80's when it was the place to see alternative bands on a big stage
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

What are you on about? Those bands ARE alternative. Alternative to anyone decent, that is.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9815
    In fairness, the line up seems fairly representative of the current music scene, just as it was back then - there were just more choices of bigger alternative bands then than there are now who would draw a crowd. They'll get who makes them the money at the end of the day
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    monofin said:
    Just shows what a bloated old pig Glastonbury has become. What happened to the "edgey" festival of the 80's when it was the place to see alternative bands on a big stage

The first day ticket sales are a nightmare too nowadays, all because those types with access to a smart phone and a copy of Adele's latest CD in their car have jumped on the bandwagon.
  • p90fool said:
    I thought Adele had always said she didn't want to headline big festivals, saying herself that she wasn't an appropriate act for that?
    Maybe her local bakery has sent her the invoice for last year's cake delivery account and caused her to change her mind.  

Really, the weight jokes still....?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    I thought Adele had always said she didn't want to headline big festivals, saying herself that she wasn't an appropriate act for that?
    Maybe her local bakery has sent her the invoice for last year's cake delivery account and caused her to change her mind.  

It's irony. They are as relevant as her music.
  • derndern Frets: 357
    I'm going and can't wait. Completely ambivalent about Adele but it was the same last year... some bands I didn't care about. Still had an absolutely incredible time and the people who do like Adele will enjoy themselves as well. Good times.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10700
    That's a good attitude. I went to loads of dance music festivals over the last couple of years and didn't know / click with the music but it was still a hugely enjoyable experience.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22190

Damn. If I'd called her a screeching tedious repetitive witch, I'd have gotten away with it. 

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9815
    edited March 2016
    Heartfeltdawn;1009515" said:
    RocknRollDave said:

Damn. If I'd called her a screeching tedious repetitive witch, I'd have gotten away with it. 
    misogynist ;)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Deadman;1009480" said:
    monofin said:

The first day ticket sales are a nightmare too nowadays, all because those types with access to a smart phone and a copy of Adele's latest CD in their car have jumped on the bandwagon.
    Nonsense - the lineup isn't even announced when ticket sales start.

I can't tell if you were joking or not!
    Previously known as stevebrum
    Go back to bed steven.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    monofin;1009471" said:
    Like most things over the past at 30 years, they moved on to survive.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....