Springsteen Live x15

TTonyTTony Frets: 27600
Over the past few days, I have been working my way through this;

Yup, 15 CDs worth of Springsteen live gigs from 1978, as broadcast on various US radio stations at the time.

Something like £16 from your favourite CD shop, and worth it.

There's a fair bit of Brucie good 'ol Americky chat between some of the tracks, but at least he could still remember some the basis for some of those stories back in 1978, so they have a bit more this-really-is-where-I-came-from credibility.

Obviously a lot of the tracks are repeated across different gigs, but it's not a total repeat across the 15 discs, and there's certainly enough tracks spread across the discs to make up an excellent live album that'd be a lot stronger than the 3 CD 75/85 live set (that I've also got).

Tt did feel like a bit of a chore to listen to 15 CDs of Springsteen ... but I guess that'd be true of any artist really.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I just got this today & have indulged in a Springsteen marathon today. For the £10(!!) It cost me it's a great reminder of Bruce as a rock star rather than the patron saint of American music.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    That cover photo is so cool!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Plenty of gems in this. I gather there's an exception to radio broadcasts being released in Europe as these are "unofficial". Great to have Winterland '78, that's pretty legendary.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27081
    I'm going to have to get in on this...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Really wish I liked Springsteen - such a back catalogue, live performances, telecasters, Nils - but I don't.

And, unlike many other things I don't like, that brings me no joy. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27600
    This set is "variable".

There's some where the sound quality is lacking a bit, and some where the track selection isn't really my thing.  But there's 3 or 4 recordings in here that are of a great band performing some great tracks with real energy.  For £15, it's worth having just for those.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    ...11 days till he's back on a UK stage....eek I'm getting excited!