SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

BOTH SOLD: 2x fender custom shops

What's Hot

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5633
    robt1291 said:
    But I was just a little disheartened knowing that they aren't being played and are just being sat in cases waiting for a new owner. If I had have known that I would have held on to them...
    Really? You're selling a couple of guitars and you have a vested interest in what happens to them after they leave your hands?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • IanM557IanM557 Frets: 8
    Personally my view is if you sell anything not just a guitar it has nothing to do with the previous buyer what happens to them, its up to you if you want to sell them or not. But if people can make a living out of it then good luck
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5633
    edited April 2016
    I concur, Mr Greenwood.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • xtedmanziextedmanzie Frets: 48
    edited April 2016
    What's the problem here? Trader buys two guitars from the forum for a price he buyer is happy with then advertises them for sale on his ebay shop at an increased price. What's to complain about?! 

I just bought a second hand guitar from the local guitar shop, am I supposed to be complaining about the shop taking their 20% or disheartened that the guitar was on display 'not being played' in the time between it being advertised and me buying it?!  :)
    Fretboard trader feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/65502/
    Basschat trader feedback: http://tinyurl.com/8yevyl6
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2809

tedmanzie said:
    What's the problem here? Trader buys two guitars from the forum for a price he buyer is happy with then advertises them for sale on his ebay shop at an increased price. What's to complain about?! 

I just bought a second hand guitar from the local guitar shop, am I supposed to be complaining about the shop taking their 20% or disheartened that the guitar was on display 'not being played' in the time between it being advertised and me buying it?!  :)

I don't think anyone has said there is a problem.  People were discussing it/thinking about it.  The problem arises if someone uses 2 profiles and posts generally insulting comments without entering into the spirit of the Forum.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • IanM557IanM557 Frets: 8
    Where do you think all them second hand guitar shops in denmark street in london and all over country get their stock???? webistes like this, forums etc...

Im a close friend of greenwoods and beleive me he sells alot!! infact  he told me that sunburst custom shop strat is going today!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreeze said:

tedmanzie said:

I don't think anyone has said there is a problem.  People were discussing it/thinking about it.  The problem arises if someone uses 2 profiles and posts generally insulting comments without entering into the spirit of the Forum.
    Yes I agree, it should all be done politely and in the spirit of the forum :)

• musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1740
    edited April 2016
    Everyone is entitled to thier option on this matter but the is no need to come on here gobbing off n throwing insults around.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Everyone is entitled to thier option on this matter but the is no need to come on here gobbing off n throwing insults around.
    Agreed.  I hadn't properly read the comments posted by IanM557 and now I have I would have to agree that they are gobby and insulting - IanM557 if you really are a friend of Greenwood then believe me you aren't doing him any favours here! I haven't got a problem with buying and selling but it should all be done professionally. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    tedmanzie said:
    Everyone is entitled to thier option on this matter but the is no need to come on here gobbing off n throwing insults around.
    Agreed.  I hadn't properly read the comments posted by IanM557 and now I have I would have to agree that they are gobby and insulting - IanM557 if you really are a friend of Greenwood then believe me you aren't doing him any favours here! I haven't got a problem with buying and selling but it should all be done professionally. 

Fully agreed.
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    IanM557 said:
    O and just for information guys there a tonnes of traders on here and to be honest some of the prices on here are ridiculous!!

I sold a les paul on here last week to a trader in London which turns out he owns a shop in denmark street in London which didnt bother me at all, he made the effort to drive for hours and collect he paid me the price I asked job done, good luck to him if he can make money on it as I imagine running a business isnt cheap!!

If it wasnt for him it would still be sitting on this site getting the usual stupid offers, almost every post for sale on this site says if "if only I had the money, would you take a kidney for it lol" - Its a joke!
    How exactly did you sell a guitar on the forum without starting a tread? Just curious...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robt1291robt1291 Frets: 77
    @ianm557 is Greenwood himself - Looking at my messages - It was this account that contacted me.
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2016
    looks like he's been rumbled
    Well now its obvious what sort of person he is after coming on here today gobbing off and pretending to be someone else. Looser!!!!!!!!
    What he does with his business is his choice but i think what has annoyed people on he is how he's gone about.
    And as for saying that the for sale prices on here are ridiculous after looking at his prices. Well he must be trying to be funny.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    I think this guy shares a PR department with Gerald Ratner. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SickSquidSickSquid Frets: 152
    edited April 2016
    This is priceless - gotta love the internet
    Before IanM557 aka Greenwood edits his posts or is kicked altogether, a little compilation of his cunning ruse to put on those spectacles with the nose and moustache attached and appear to be a 'friend' of Greenwood. It appears they are closer to each other than Ian is willing to admit. It appears they do everything together. Including chewing.

IanM557 said:
    lovely guitars them!

Good on him! He is actually a friend of mine and he pays the prices people want and doesnt haggle them down and is very fair and has been in this industry all his life.

I think its so funny the way people on this site and forums all think they are all experts all club together like big wanna be buddies even though they dont know each other and bitch and moan about people and what they are doing etc its just plain jealousy and stupidity, if you were all so interested in these guitars why didnt one of you buy them?? but no just just the usual tyre kickers and bedroom players who havnt got a clue and dont work in the industry!

Cant wait to show him these comments haha
    IanM557 said:
    O and just for information guys there a tonnes of traders on here and to be honest some of the prices on here are ridiculous!!

I sold a les paul on here last week to a trader in London which turns out he owns a shop in denmark street in London which didnt bother me at all, he made the effort to drive for hours and collect he paid me the price I asked job done, good luck to him if he can make money on it as I imagine running a business isnt cheap!!

If it wasnt for him it would still be sitting on this site getting the usual stupid offers, almost every post for sale on this site says if "if only I had the money, would you take a kidney for it lol" - Its a joke!
    IanM557 said:
    Personally my view is if you sell anything not just a guitar it has nothing to do with the previous buyer what happens to them, its up to you if you want to sell them or not. But if people can make a living out of it then good luck
    IanM557 said:
    Where do you think all them second hand guitar shops in denmark street in london and all over country get their stock???? webistes like this, forums etc...

Im a close friend of greenwoods and beleive me he sells alot!! infact  he told me that sunburst custom shop strat is going today!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
     robt1291 said: @ianm557 is Greenwood himself - Looking at my messages - It was this account that contacted me.

From my reading of the whole thing, the guy has been very clear that he hasn't profited from any offshore accounts...whoops, sorry my bad, different bullshitting toser
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 394
    Just weird, takes refering to yourself in the third person to new heights! Good old John Swiss would never do that, he's a great bloke basically ;)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    tFB Trader
    Miserneil thinks that this outcome was obvious but wishes Mr Greenwood/@ianm557 no malice and if you can sell gear at those prices then you are his hero and he will be contacting you when he has something to offload :)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Leaving the Mr Greenwood topic behind, I have never thought to check whether what I sold on Ebay or Gumtree is now up for sale somewhere else. Is that normal? How long do you check for and how many shops do you check?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Who cares whether he bought them to sell, good luck to him, not sure why eveyone feels the need to pile in and get their panties in a bunch about it tbh.
This discussion has been closed.