Crossing amp streams

What's Hot
DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4537
Tonight i played a little pub gig and set my amp up where the guitar should go and played in front of the bass amp.

The title could also be Setting Up Without Monitors
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72352
    I've done that recently too. At a venue I often play with house backline, the better guitar cab is on the same side of the stage as the bass amp - the guitarist wanted to use the better cab, so I just stood on the other side of the stage and ran a cable to the bass amp. Got enough in the monitors to hear what I was doing and was good to go.

It actually worked better than the time he used the other cab and we stood in front of our own amps - but the soundman made us play too quietly and the monitors weren't set right, so we couldn't hear each other.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Slade used to use 4 4x12's for their two guitarists with each guitarits  amp running one 4x12 either side of the stage
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631

Sorry couldn't resist
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72352
    Slade used to use 4 4x12's for their two guitarists with each guitarits  amp running one 4x12 either side of the stage
    Even cleverer than that, before they had the Marshalls they used two AC30s, and had them linked together with a special cable so each amp was driving one speaker in its own cabinet and one in the other amp.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FezFez Frets: 522
    No no no now I need more speaker cabinets.
    Don't touch that dial.