Flame Guitars. Custom Guitars by David Kennett

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27507

I am just relieved to see that stunning piece of wood on a design that still doesn't grab me
    ;)

Please don't take that the wrong way - as I said before, the quality of workmanship and design is obvious to see, and if it had been a design that I liked, I'd be torturing myself now because you can already see how stunning that piece of Walnut is going to be when it's finished.

That said, the shape might be growing on me.

And you & Ash should definitely have a meet-up ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10421
    tFB Trader
    I actually quite like the shape: echos of Rickenbacker in the top horn, and BC Rich Mockingbird in the lower one. The headstock shape is pretty much identical to the old Manson guitar I used to own :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Flame_GuitarsFlame_Guitars Frets: 79
    tFB Trader
    I was asked recently to explain the neck to body jointing system I use. I said I would  post a few pictures that explained this better. You can find a more detailed set of pictures on my Facebook page  Some years ago I was trying to design a neck jointing system that allowed easy access to the upper frets but was not a set neck (glued in) nor screwed on like Fender guitars. Couldn't quite work out what I wanted until the means of attaching the neck actually came to me in a dream! (yes, I know, I know, perhaps I shouldn't have admitted that) But anyway, here are a couple of pictures that explains the system.

The bolts screw into fixings located in the neck.

The picture below show the neck joined to the body prior to contouring the body.

This is what the joint finally looks like once all the shaping is complete and the guitar lacquered.

Flame Guitars. Custom electric guitars, servicing & repairs by David Kennett
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3495
    That is a really creative solution.  Great work and thanks for posting it. 
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for the comment. I'm not going to make any exaggerated claims about this improving sustain or tone but it does make for a very stable neck to body joint and the neck can be easily removed. And, as a builder, it does make the finishing process a little easier.
    tFB Trader
    Here are some pictures of a recently completed guitar. The owner of this guitar has kindly agreed that I can exhibit it at next weekends Guitar Show, Birmingham. The spec' is as follows:

• Black walnut body facing on korina body (chambered)
    • Maple neck, zirocote fretboard, compound radius 9 1/2 to 14", 25" scale length
    • Seymour Duncan P-Rail pickups with ebony pickup surrounds
    • Hipshot tremolo
    • Earvana compensated nut
    • Gotoh 510 locking tuners
    • Lacquered body, oiled neck
    I have another piece of this gorgeous black walnut if anyone would like to discuss a commission. 

Image may contain guitar

Image may contain guitar and shoes

Image may contain one or more people people playing musical instruments and guitar

Image may contain guitar