Should AC/DC call it a day??

What's Hot
FledermausFledermaus Frets: 180
I love em but ...... Good grief are they really going to have Axle Rose singing?????
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yes they should. Next thread please.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Has it been confirmed that axl is singing for them?    I thought it must be a publicity gathering rumour.  

I didn't think Brian's ear damage was permanent so they'd have been much better just postponing the shows rather than getting replacements in.  imo.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24849
    A friend posted a link on Facebook to an article (I can't find it now) which suggested that as Brian is about a decade older than Angus - and Angus intends to carry the band on for at least another 10 years, he wanted Brian out and a younger singer in.

I'm not an expert on them - but I realise they are a classic rock band, with legions of fans - which makes this story pretty sad if it's true.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2568
    Retire. For fucks sake.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23096
    Part of me thinks if old bands believe they still have something to say, if they want to carry on, then it's entirely up to them.

Another part of me looks at the Stones, Aerosmith, the Scorpions and, yes, AC/DC and thinks... oh god just knock it on the head, for fuck's sake.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27225
    There's seven years between Johnson and Angus. I don't like the idea of them touring with someone else singing, but I admit I'd probably still go if I had the chance, *if* the new guy was any good and had the required chemistry. I can't see it being Axl though.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I saw them on the Black Ice tour and they were superb - everything you want ACDC to be. However, since then they are down two members for certain - Malcolm and Phil - and there's a huge question mark over a third, now Brian's got issues. I dunno....without Brian it would feel wrong for them to carry on, IMO. Then again, what's Angus going to do? Start another band?!

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    They're turning into the best AC/DC tribute band around. Their guitarist really nails the Angus thing.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited April 2016
    Then again, what's Angus going to do? Start another band?!
    How about solo project with various guests....sort of low down dirty blues stuff....and ditch the uniform.

Does anyone actually believe the Axl thing? Just seems preposterous to me.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3430
    I cant believe they would be dumb enough to go with Axl. Their legendary reluctance to comment on stories, no matter how random, is just allowing a vacuum to be created which the internet is filling. I hope...
  • Then again, what's Angus going to do? Start another band?!
    How about solo project with various guests....sort of low down dirty blues stuff....and ditch the uniform.

Does anyone actually believe the Axl thing? Just seems preposterous to me.
    'preposterous' is absolutely the right word. Angus going forward without the ACDC name and getting people like Axl involved would be fair enough..if that is what he wants to do (I don't personally have any desire to hear the 2016 version of Axl singing over Angus' guitar playing, but hey)...but Axl fronting ACDC would be an absolute travesty.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    No. Definitely stay playing for as long as they like. Who cares if they sound like a tribute band. They are legends. Stick with it AC/DC......
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • babysnakebabysnake Frets: 21
    I for one will be praying to the sonic gods to not let this happen.....a truly terrifying combination!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12678
    Axl Rose is no longer a singer.

He is a mess.

AC/DC were a great band, defined IMHO by the incredible rythmn playing of Malcolm. Angus' lead work is good in a pentatonic, fits with the song kinda way but what makes the band is that tight-to-the-bass-drum rythmn guitar. Without that, they cease to be.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    It hasn't stopped Queen or the Yardbirds (what a joke) so I guess they'll go on and on ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23096

There was a story in the papers the other day about Axl being photographed leaving some studios in Atlanta where AC/DC were rehearsing. 

On the face of it, that suggests the rumours may be true - although of course those studios may be used by all the big bands passing through that part of the country, I have no idea.

• FledermausFledermaus Frets: 180
    I have seen them at Donnington (1984?) and the fly on the wall tour. They were excellent!!!!
    Like some on here I'm not sure what old rockers are supposed to do.... If it's all you know and love....
  • FledermausFledermaus Frets: 180
    I have tickets for Manchester..... I wait with bated breath......
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    I'm always a bit divided on these. At some point you lose what made the line up great yet from the back of an arena if you have the spectacular and the right sound then how much does it matter who is up there on stage?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1214
    It must be hard to walk away from that sort of career but surely it's a bit late in the day to be thinking about a new singer. I think ACDC being fronted by Axl Rose would be a travesty. :-q
    Link to my trading feedback