Should AC/DC call it a day??

What's Hot

Comments

• John_A said:
    I think Brian has been a huge part of ACDC since he joined, and if there's any truth at all in Angus forcing him out then Angus is a cu*t
    I don't think it is so much a case of Angus forcing him out, so much as Brian's ear condition has forced him out of it and Angus has, somewhat controversially, decided to plough on ahead anyway.

As others have said, I suspect this is merely just to get them through existing contractual obligations that would cost millions to otherwise cancel. Once this tour is through, I suspect ACDC is too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23204
    Mark_R said:
    A shame that it looks like Brian is gone for good.  The band can carry on, Chris Slade is a far better drummer than Phil and the live shows since he has returned are a much more energetic and purposeful.  Perhaps a new singer will add some life to the writing process, god knows we have had enough songs with the word Rock in them.

Get a new singer, release an album and then lets decide if it the end.

It would be interesting to see if a new singer, if there is one, is allowed to contribute to the writing process, since Brian didn't write anything on the last five albums.

He said he was glad not to be under pressure to contribute lyrics, but I wonder if he was just being characteristically diplomatic.

I think maybe the real question is whether Angus can shoulder full writing responsibility with Malcolm out of the picture.

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11368
    Mark_R said:
    This will work, much better than you expect it to.  Axl's best asset is his vocal range...
    We're doomed, Captain Mainwaring, doomed.
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    I think this will be hilarious. Everyone's going nuts. I agree - it's a huge mistake. It'll be funny if half the crowds don't show up.

:)
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • FledermausFledermaus Frets: 180
    Don't think I have a problem with a new singer, after all they've done it before, I just don't like Axl's voice much.... I do have appetite for distraction and still don't like his voice much even though I love the album. I will still go to Manchester, it will be interesting to see the cloud......
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24676
    First pic of Axl rehearsing with them has been released

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24851
    fretmeister;1045013" said:
    First pic of Axl rehearsing with them has been released
    I think that's actually Axl Rose with Nicola Sturgeon.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • simonsimon Frets: 41
    Have just been emailed by Seetickets to say I can request a refund for my tickets up until 6 May, so at least it seems they are doing the decent thing.

"Dear  SIMON 

AC/DC
    at The Stadium Olympic Park, London on 04/06/2016.

You have the opportunity to request a refund of your ticket. Refunds will be
    available from now until 5pm Friday 6th May 2016.

If you have any query regarding your order or to request a refund, please
    contact us at
    http://www.seetickets.com/CustomerService quoting XXXXXXXX.

Best regards,

See Tickets Customer Services"

Problem is my nine year-old is very excited at the prospect of seeing AC/DC for the first (and presumably last) time as a birthday treat, so am in a bit of a quandary as to whether to go.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    simon said:

Problem is my nine year-old is very excited at the prospect of seeing AC/DC for the first (and presumably last) time as a birthday treat, so am in a bit of a quandary as to whether to go.

You should go
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Is that a Seetickets thing, or an AC/DC thing?
  • anyone heard from TicketMaster regarding refunds??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    If I already had tickets I'd still be going. If nothing else, it's likely to be a unique set of gigs. :)

Andy
  • simonsimon Frets: 41
    edited April 2016
    Well, we're still going as the boy is looking forward to seeing Axl and Angus together for his birthday present. 

Incidentally, just had a look at Seetickets and noticed there are quite a lot of tickets available for the London gig - presumably as a result of people taking up the offer of a refund.
    edited April 2016
    Your boy will love it. :)

It's awesome that a 9 year old wants to go to this sort of show. My two boys (5 and 2) love ACDC and most bands that I play in the house.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited April 2016
    DulcetJones;1040715" said:
    Aaaannnd then, I predict Axl will start insisting on them adding G&R songs, Angus will say no, and voila!  This will be going in circles for longer than I care to follow it. 

Even for an egomaniac I cant see that happening. Why would he want to sing the songs he's had to sing every night for 20 years?
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    If they'd cancelled all their future shows this thread would be just as angry about them not drafting in a new singer....
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    They were bloody good in Madrid last summer. Can´t say I blame Angus either. Retire or play stadium gigs to adoring fans while earning a lot of money? Not a hard choice...
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    .... Axl's voice does seem like a good fit in that Whole Lotta Rosie video though.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23204
    Apologies for the thread resurrection, but... I read today that Cliff Williams decided to retire from AC/DC at the end of the tour in September.  

Also - this part may just be rumour - that they will continue with Axl as the permanent singer, plus a new bassist and (possibly) drummer.

I'm probably the last person in the world to realise this and there's probably been a big thread about it already, but I couldn't find one.  It took me totally by surprise.
    I hadn't seen that either.

So... it's Angus and 4 hired guns really now isn't it? (Well, nearly).