I'm building a 1 brand home pedalboard

What's Hot
samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
In other words I am stupid!

But that aside...I'm tossing up whether I should do this with Boss, DOD or MXR...since MXR put out the reverb pedal, they are now the main contender, as I've really liked my previous MXR pedals.

I have to cost out each one to see which one is cheaper to do. DOD will probably be the cheapest, but hardest to find all the parts. Boss will be most expensive as I would like to get older Boss pedals rather than new lineup...MXR will be easiest to find and cost about the same as the Boss.

So, between these three, if you were to build a small board of 6 pedals only, what would you get?

For MXR I have my pedals worked out:

GT-OD
Super Badass Distortion
Phase 90 (or EVH)
Analogue Chorus (or Uni Vibe)
Carbon Copy
Reverb
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Grind stuff and my stuff (as I'm associated with them) obv ;)

Big Omar dirty booster on the back, then a Tenebrion reverb, Deux Profundis delay (well it exists in schematic form at the moment, but it will be awesome), same story for the 4 stage phaser with no name currently. I'd have an UltraStoner v3 and JTB76 providing dirt duties.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    juansolo said:

Big Omar dirty booster on the back, then a Tenebrion reverb, Deux Profundis delay (well it exists in schematic form at the moment, but it will be awesome), same story for the 4 stage phaser with no name currently. I'd have an UltraStoner v3 and JTB76 providing dirt duties.
    wait...i didn't even think about that...hmmm over to PM!
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    Couldn't you just get a boss gt-whatever for the boss stuff, save a lot of money and pedalboard ballache etc?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    meltedbuzzbox;1033392" said:
    Couldn't you just get a boss gt-whatever for the boss stuff, save a lot of money and pedalboard ballache etc?
    I do want analog...

Im also not a multi effects kinda guy...i like pedals with knobs
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    Actually, I'll probably have a go with Mooer or Tone City. They have pretty much a version of every pedal you could imagine.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17732
    tFB Trader
    I'd be quite tempted to do it with Digitech/Dod given the current lineup. 

The only thing they don't do is a wah.
  • guitariguitari Frets: 19
    edited April 2016
    I've just done this and gone all Boss: -

PW-3 (wah), SD-1, DS-1, DD-3, TR-2 & RV-6

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12983
    I'd quite fancy doing this with DOD but they don't have a tuner or a delay, do they?
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3596
    I think Boss is the best all in one brand because they just work.

The down side to multiFX units is that you can't select the 'best of' any function although BOSS have several options for some features.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7818
    I'd quite fancy doing this with DOD but they don't have a tuner or a delay, do they?
    Well, Digitech own DOD... but I suppose that would be cheating.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7233

Mr Black + Affiliated Friday Club / Black Ltd.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2752
    I'd vote for the old boss pedals.

I did this over the last year or so

but it would be cool to see something similar with another brand - Ibanez would be my next vote - TS9, SD9, CS9, AD9 all on a pt nano  or Guyatone - they made some funky little pedals but I'm not sure about the quality of drive pedals.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Ibanez have brilliant od, drive, flange and delay, and a few other cool things.

However no reverb
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    T-rex would be a good shout for high quality stuff I think, and as it is for home you don't need a tuner.

Otherwise TC electronic would be great for everything except drives (spark is a good bost though)
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Mad Professor
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Klon.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    samzadgan said:
    meltedbuzzbox;1033392" said:
    I do want analog...

Im also not a multi effects kinda guy...i like pedals with knobs
    Analogue is totally over rated 

but I agree with the pedals side of things
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    GavRichList;1033794" said:
    Mr Black + Affiliated Friday Club / Black Ltd.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Mr black pretty much has everything...but freakin expensive...i need this board to be cheap.

Actually another onei didnt think about is Hardwire pedal line...all very solid good pedals.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1763

I'm 'almost' thereimage

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    juansolo;1033346" said:

Im not going to be far off that soon. I've got a tusk, tenebrion, catch 22 and de profundis all ready to box up once I finish the enclosures this weekend. Ridiculously well layed out pcbs they've been really easy to build and all sound great through my test rig.