I'm building a 1 brand home pedalboard

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    gubble said:

I'm 'almost' thereimage

dullest... board... ever! :-P :-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    samzadgan said:
    GavRichList;1033794" said:
    Mr Black + Affiliated Friday Club / Black Ltd.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Mr black pretty much has everything...but freakin expensive...i need this board to be cheap.

Actually another onei didnt think about is Hardwire pedal line...all very solid good pedals.
    I've just completed my all-Hardwire board.  I'll get a pic up at some point.  The great thing about them is they're all stereo apart from the drives.  A no-brainer if you want a stereo rig, and you do because it's great fun.  Only the very newest Boss pedals are full stereo in-out.  The problem I've got with Boss at the minute is lack of stereo - I can't go Super Chorus stereo into DD-5, for instance.  I'd need to buy a DD-7.  Which I probably will in time, although there's nothing wrong with the DD-5 other than that.

The Hardwires are more advanced than the Bosses, in that they have various "programs" for effect type - each unit is effectively a mini multi-FX in that genre.  Boss do do that to a certain extent with their delays and reverbs, but not chorus or vibe.  And the Hardwire tuner is polyphonic and excellent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    John_P said:
    I'd vote for the old boss pedals.

I did this over the last year or so

but it would be cool to see something similar with another brand - Ibanez would be my next vote - TS9, SD9, CS9, AD9 all on a pt nano  or Guyatone - they made some funky little pedals but I'm not sure about the quality of drive pedals.
    I want that!  Was just pondering a "no-four-knob" Boss board, but it's pricey.  Really like that, surely near the pinnacle of Boss collecting.  Interesting to compare the BCB-6 with BCB-60 - the 6 looks a lot smarter to my eyes, with the power conduit hiding the wires, but of course can't fit a foot wah.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    i think if I do Boss pedals...i'd want to go the extra distance and keep everything to the same series number...so everything being a 2. I looked for 3's but there is a lack of drive pedals on the 3 series, unless i settle for Hyper Metal or Hyper Fuzz, which I'm not a fan of.

I've been listening to the Mr Black demo's and I would love to have his one...its expensive...but i guess if i sell all the pedals i dont use, then I would probably be able to pull it off...

Mr Black board would be:
    Thunderclaw (set to low gain)
    Thunderclaw (set to high gain)
    Gilamondo
    Tunnelworm or Double Chorus
    Dark Echo
    Supermoon or Eterna
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    What about malekko? They're reasonably priced and have a fairly sizable range
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7224
    Mr. Black do a lot of blow out sales and scratch and dent sales - sign yourself up. The Friday club have also just done a really nice sounding delay.

Also, Supermoon and Eterna ;)
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7818
    Mr. Black do a lot of blow out sales and scratch and dent sales - sign yourself up. The Friday club have also just done a really nice sounding delay.

Friday club is USA ship to only :( I tried to buy the delay when it was 99usd
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7224

well that's stupid
    I gotta see what i can afford, once i sell some more excess gear.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7597
    John_P said:
    I'd vote for the old boss pedals.

I did this over the last year or so

but it would be cool to see something similar with another brand - Ibanez would be my next vote - TS9, SD9, CS9, AD9 all on a pt nano  or Guyatone - they made some funky little pedals but I'm not sure about the quality of drive pedals.
    Nice board! and good shout on Ibanez 
    Red ones are better. 
    samzadgan said:
    i think if I do Boss pedals...i'd want to go the extra distance and keep everything to the same series number...so everything being a 2. I looked for 3's but there is a lack of drive pedals on the 3 series, unless i settle for Hyper Metal or Hyper Fuzz, which I'm not a fan of.
    OD-3 ?
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO;1036539" said:
    samzadgan said:

OD-3 ?
    Yeah, but what about high gain distortion?
    Oh, you're one of those?.... ;-)

Stacked OD-3s ?
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

well that's stupid
    Just read that from the begining of 2016 Mr Black only ships within US as well...weird policy...
    samzadgan said:

well that's stupid
    Just read that from the begining of 2016 Mr Black only ships within US as well...weird policy...
    Seems to be true :(
    Moog Minifooger!

Just missing a reverb...but fuck that would be a nice pedalboard!
    samzadgan said:
    Moog Minifooger!

Just missing a reverb...but fuck that would be a nice pedalboard!
    I had that last year. Wasn't all that. Trem, Ring, Delay and Drive are not great pedals.
    Chorus and Flanger are top drawer though..

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom