What's Hot
2»

Comments

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Fox. The book is great! Personal opinion aside..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    I have this recorded to watch this weekend ....
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    I've seen the whole season - thought it was brilliant!

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931
    quarky said:
    Fox. The book is great! Personal opinion aside..

Cheers.  FWIW I thought it was a great idea, and enjoyed the writing, but it just takes too long to get to the point...

I was never really a King fan until I read "Duma Key", which I thought was a fantastic book.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    or, if the time display routine worked correctly, 11.23.03
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    Watched the first episode now. It's not terrible but it's just ' there's a doorway in time, oh really, let's go through it, gee whizz.' They need to edit out the swearing and target it at ten year old boys. Presumably the historical references have more resonance with a US audience, not that I didn't get them just I wasn't that connected. I'm liking the sixties clothing and big cars and Bo Diddley songs and using cgi for something other than space ships. So it's well made twaddle but it is kinda twaddle.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777

Well, got to the end (no thanks to Sky's bloody awful series link, but thanks to their Catch Up services), and I really enjoyed it. It is pretty close to the fundamentals of the book (from what I remember), and while SK's adaptions typically fall far short of the books, I thought this series did a reasonable job.

It is remarkable how much the US has changed socially and politically since the 60's though, and it was great to see some of that through Jake's eyes.

• ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    I thought it was quite good.  King needs to pull his finger out and get writing a second series!
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • Guitar_Slinger said:
    Haven't watched it, but I've got the book upstairs. Will start reading it, I suppose :)
    Haven't read the book, but me and the missus watched the first 3 episodes of this, until pur NowTV entertainment pass ran out, but if someone thought it was good, we'll give the rest of it a watch.

Will stay away from this thread until I have seen it, in case of spoilers :)
  • We got a Now TV entertainment pass last week and this series said 4 days to go.  So we watched episodes 4-8 over the weekend.

I thought the ending was 'nice' but a bit soppy for Steven King.  Still haven't read the book though.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3068

I'm on episode four - I'm enjoying it but keep falling asleep.

It's Back To The Future with some f::king swearing.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17672
    tFB Trader
    The book is great and has a bit more scope and detail as you might imagine.