Biting the bullet - my 'go big or go home' board build

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7557
So, I've finally reconciled myself to the reality of fat-old-man-who-can't-play-much-spends-too-much-on-gear-he-can't-justify and am sinking some big bucks in to an OTT pedalboard. Because I can. :-)

I've bought a Gigrig G2, it's sitting at home ready to be housed and fed.

I've ordered a @custompedalboards medium G2 board and patch box , got a bunch of Lava Tightrope plugs on the way, and am basically hiding from my wife waiting for the bank statement to drop. 

The irony is that as and when I have time to rehearse and gig again, I'll probably want something smaller haha.

Bedroom warriors ftw. 

Will update as I start cobbling it together. This may involve swearing about cables. 
Red ones are better. 
6reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• heehee, you'll have a great time wiring it up, its half the fun!
    what you using for power?
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4610
    Hoorar!! How many pedals do you think you'll get on there?
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited April 2016
    Lol. Keeping this quiet on facebook then...hush hush wink wink  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7557
    Power is Gigrig stuff - I've already got 2 Generators, a couple of Distributors, a couple of Isolators, a couple of Timelords.

Not sure how many I'll try and cram on - one reason for doing it is to be able to easily audition new stuff and be able to move it around order-wide while I do so I want to leave some space for 'guest' pedals. 

Definite ones will be 2 H9s, Muffroom, Peacekeeper, Klone, EP, SD-1, maybe the Guvnor, and a wah.

I'll probably end up compressor shopping too.  
    Red ones are better. 
    Lol. Keeping this quite on facebook then...hush hush wink wink  ;)
    I got the G2 in by just slinging it down higgledy piggledy on top of my pedal pile. I'll come unstuck when it all starts to look nice and shiny and organised lol 
    Red ones are better. 
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Ha!!! You my friend are lucky, when I made my most recent pedal purchase my better half looked at the inexpensive Joyo Ultimate drive and said...."oh it's not true bypass"
    I can't get away with anything.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6220
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO;1037046" said:
    not_the_dj said:

I got the G2 in by just slinging it down higgledy piggledy on top of my pedal pile. I'll come unstuck when it all starts to look nice and shiny and organised lol 
    I feel for you, my wife has razor sharp laser eyes and notices every new gear purchase.... I cannot hide! Not to add to your bank woes but..... Have you considered a molten voltage simi? It is a midi screen for naming presets etc
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • my wife is easy (oh yes most probably) its all just a load of black boxes to her in my ever revolving pile of amps stored at various locations near where i live!
    just got a TK imperial in turquoise and white to try and make her take notice!
    apparently its not why she married me!

as for pedals and guitars, dont ask, even i dont know!! :)
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    ThorpyFX;1037130" said:
    TimmyO;1037046" said:not_the_dj said:

I feel for you, my wife has razor sharp laser eyes and notices every new gear purchase.... I cannot hide!

Not to add to your bank woes but..... Have you considered a molten voltage simi? It is a midi screen for naming presets etc
    This is already on my radar yes - a fabulous idea for a product and they seem to be the only ones with anything like it that I can find.
    Red ones are better. 
    edited April 2016
    So, board arrived today (thanks @custompedalboards ) - as did my new G2 firmware chip so I installed that and now looking forward to stringing it all together at the weekend 

Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6220
    tFB Trader
    This is going too look and sound incredible when you are done!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Lotsa lotsa drive. What sort of genre do you use this for? I imagine it should be quite flexible with the two H9s?
    Funk, Rock, Blooz, and indulgent noodling with whacky sounds just for fun.

Irony is I'm not gigging for the foreseeable, but it's the best setup I've had !

I don't need all the drives and boosts, but I like them. I'm also experimenting with 2 different approaches - I had been using the JCM800 as it is intended - never really clean - but am having a spell gong in to Low input, having a lovely clean sound, and driving pedals in for 'that' sound (hence the Guvnor) - it's an experiment.
    The loop-order-feature and movable fx loop position on the G2 is going to make those sorts of experiments easier.
    Red ones are better. 
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    @TimmyO  basically, you're a pedal-whore?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    You don't need to be gigging to justify a nice setup. And I'm sure you're enjoying this one ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    mike_l said:
    @TimmyO  basically, you're a pedal-whore?
    Guilty as charged
    Red ones are better. 
    Branshen said:
    You don't need to be gigging to justify a nice setup. And I'm sure you're enjoying this one ;)
    Indeed :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24630
    Needs a proper brewtal metal pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 457
    Looks  sweet and nice choice of pedals.

Which sized board is that? Looks like a good size
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Needs a proper brewtal metal pedal.
    Funnily, I might have a Satchurator F/S in Travis' race for life thread...........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)