SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

TRADED TV white Gibson Custom Shop 57 Junior Reissue VOS

What's Hot
dudududu Frets: 105
edited November 2016 in Guitars £
I thought I would never sell this... until I got a real 57 Junior. I initially bought it for a friend who lived abroad, a few years back. It sounded so great that it broke my heart to send it to him, but that's what friends are for... After that I went through 4 or 5 Junior reissues, but none of them had the sound of this. Fast forward to a year and a half ago, my friend calls me up to let me know he is selling it, so I bought it back right away.

It is in excellent condition, there are only very light scratches on the finish that the camera cannot pick up. It is quite lightweight and sounds HUGE, it is the biggest sounding Les Paul I have ever played, including the humbucker ones. The neck is relatively thick, very much like an R7, but still very comfortable. The bridge in the picture is a Pigtail contraption that I would like to keep, I will put the Gibson bridge back on before I ship include in the sale. It provides perfect intonation, unlike the stock Gibson bridge.

If anything, buying the vintage piece has made me appreciate this one even more. It is close, really close. What it lacks compared to the real 57 is just that 5% diminishing return. Whoever buys it will be VERY happy.

I am looking for £1250 plus whatever shipping costs (altough local pickup in London with bank transfer on collection are highly preferred). May trade for good Nocasters or interesting amps.

imageimage
0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dudududu Frets: 105
    Bump for a price drop.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    Superb guitars these. A friend recently bought one and it sounds very, VERY close to my 59 junior. What a looker too. Best of luck with your sale
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Trotter said:
    Superb guitars these. A friend recently bought one and it sounds very, VERY close to my 59 junior. What a looker too. Best of luck with your sale
    Thank you, sir!
    Bump.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2416
    Damn that's lovely!
    Bump.
  • BumFaceBumFace Frets: 114
    Bump.  I'm looking for a nice Junior but this one's a bit out of me price league. Tasty guitar though.
    Bump.
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Magnificent guitar.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
    That is a mighty fine looking axe.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    @dudu - did you use this one on any of your Soundcloud tracks?  If so then it sounds absolutely ace.
    bodhi said:
    @dudu - did you use this one on any of your Soundcloud tracks?  If so then it sounds absolutely ace.
    Hey Joe, I did use it on this one: 
    Also, in this video: 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Nice!

Out of interest, what gear did you use on this track?  I totally dig this tune.

edited May 2016
    bodhi said:
    Nice!

Out of interest, what gear did you use on this track?  I totally dig this tune.

Hm, that sketch is from ages ago. I think the guitar was a Gary Moore standard (the model that came out in 2000). I used a Koch Pedaltone preamp. I did not have a bass at the time so I used a Scarbee P-bass synth that I sequenced with a mouse. The drums are Toontrack Metal Foundry, also sequenced with a mouse.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump.
  • BumFaceBumFace Frets: 114
    Trade for a music man stingray classic 4 string 2eq?
    BumFace;1073816" said:
    Trade for a music man stingray classic 4 string 2eq?
    Thank you for the offer, I used to have one just like that. Lovely bass, but I am not looking for any trades, I am afraid.

Bump.
    Bump.
  • GadgieGadgie Frets: 96
    oh man...I really want a single cut!!!