Ah bugger... Just cocked my wah.

NerineNerine Frets: 2197
I am doing a pedalboard rebuild with a Pedaltrain Novo 24.
I was swapping my wah (Hendrix Sig Crybaby) and the slats on the Pedaltrain board don't allow flush mounting. So I went to screwing the screws into the pedal further to see if I could get them a little flusher. So I've snapped the screw head off and the remainder is jammed in the pedal casing.

WUT do?

I've since ordered a new wah (white sparkle) and an EWS wah plate so it doesn't happen again...

Shall I try drilling out the screw thread that's stuck in the wah? I like the Hendrix one, but Dunlops feet arrangement makes mounting them on boards an absolute hassle... Will drilling it out work? I think cutting the remainder off first and then drilling with 1/8" bit may work? I've then also ordered a replacement base plate so I have some new feet and screws. (I'll swap the GCB-95 base plate with the Hendrix one, as that's ok.)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1384
    Is there any bit of the screw still protruding? If so, take a hacksaw blade and carefully cut a slot in it..... And use a screw driver in the new slot.....
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72642
    It will have almost welded itself to the casing if you put enough force on to snap the head off. If you're very lucky there may be enough sticking out to get a firm enough grip with a pair of Mole/vise grips and wind it out, but other than that you're probably out of luck.

Drilling it out won't be easy because the screw is harder metal than the casing and you're likely to drift and wreck the treads in the casing even if you can get enough of the screw out to clear the hole.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• NerineNerine Frets: 2197
    Hmm. Putting a slot in the top MAY work. I've tried getting it out with pliers and there's no chance of that.
  • I have a similar issue. Did some work on my tele neck, screwed the tuners in and one of the screws stripped a bit of the way down (I swear, these screws are made of cheese). Correct size screwdriver, lubricated screw and into wood that had held said screw before!

Luckily everything works fine, so I may leave it, but I'll probably cut a slot, undo it and replace in time.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Thread extractor then rethread with tap & die set? I've done similar in the past...