Which is the best Overdrive / Distortion pedal on the market?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• MrTMrT Frets: 21
    edited May 2016
    randella;1063744" said:
    After months of learning on an acoustic, this was the first time I ever played with distortion.
    I know that feeling! Life was much simpler when you buy your first drive pedal ...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    For me the ThorpyFX stuff.

For other people quite possibly something else.

You're wrong though :-)
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
    A treble booster
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    edited May 2016
    Depends what amount of gain or tone colouring you are looking for but the J Rockett Archer has remained on on my board while others have come and gone. The transient attack and huge headroom along with the glossy tone enhancement when used as a boost is wonderful. Can get a little honky as the gain is wound up, just like the Klon it is replicating, but can fatten up a single coil through a driven amp wonderfully.

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    • OCD
    • Zvex box of rock
    • coopersonic valveslapper
    • trex mudhoney
    • eqd crimson drive
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    valves4ever;1062113" said:
    I bought Hoochie Mama by Brown Tone, USA after a glowing review in Guitarist mag.....cost £350 I think and I've never regretted it....excellent bit of kit.....
    Cripes, 350 is a lot for an overdrive pedal! I've never heard of it, but if you got it many years ago and never changed it may have saved you a fair bit of eBay selling...
    You're right it was pricey, hand built boutique job but really good....cheap against Klon prices though.....just stayed with it as it does the job

I think @FelineGuitars shares your love of this pedal
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11636
    tFB Trader
    valves4ever;1062113" said:
    I bought Hoochie Mama by Brown Tone, USA after a glowing review in Guitarist mag.....cost £350 I think and I've never regretted it....excellent bit of kit.....
    Cripes, 350 is a lot for an overdrive pedal! I've never heard of it, but if you got it many years ago and never changed it may have saved you a fair bit of eBay selling...
    You're right it was pricey, hand built boutique job but really good....cheap against Klon prices though.....just stayed with it as it does the job

I think @FelineGuitars shares your love of this pedal
    I do - fantastic pedal. Can't wait to try it against the ThorpyFX peacekeeper

Also try goosing another pedal with the Hoochee - very nice results

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7300
    Darkglass B7K
    The demos ive seen look the business especially on bass. Out of my price range at the moment though.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ