£10.59 Mechanical automatic chinese "winner" brand watch. With pictures and a video!

What's Hot
MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
edited May 2016 in Off Topic
So I thought what the hell it looks half good and is cheap, what is the worst that could happen.
Arrived next day! Very happy with it overall have a look at the pictures and the youtube video and tell me what you think.

Main negatives so far is the strap is a POS, but I have ordered a nice leather one which was more than the bloody watch haha.

And on my wrist with a new strap
Here is the ebay link to it.
I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Seems nice enough! I'd prefer something easier to read, and I've swapped to a Phoenix G10/NATO strap today on my Rotary and VASTLY prefer it to the alligator leather one it came with.

I'm a big fan of Christopher ward, less budget orientated but fantastic watches. Their pilots watches are... Actually something a pilot would want, unlike the breitling feature packed clusterfucks.
    I'll sling up a photo of my Rotary with the NATO strap later.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3640
    Can't argue with that.

I'm a watch collector, but to get a mechanical stainless steel watch for that money..........
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Neil said:
    Can't argue with that.

I'm a watch collector, but to get a mechanical stainless steel watch for that money..........
    I know! I knew there were cheap automatics, but all the ones I saw were like this http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/epower.sam/Y240-U.jpg

I.E, look like piss. 

I think this looks quite nice, would prefer different fonts and some other things but, who can argue for the price. Seen these on Aliexpress, cheapest I found was 14.50 or something like that with a month or two wait time for shipping.
    These are a tenner with next day/two day delivery. Makes no sense to me
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • I've bought loads over the years, some are good some are bad
    Old Is Gold
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2482
    edited May 2016
    For a laugh I bought an Alfa Romeo branded Chinese Automatic (Longines copy) a few years ago. IIRC it cost me £30 inc p+p.
    It works perfectly. I am still at a loss as to how they can sell them at that price.
    It looks like this (not my pictures BTW):-

Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    https://imgur.com/a/Rd9lH

Honestly the most utilitarian strap I've come across. Far superior to leather, unless you require that look.

So far, compared to a real alligator leather strap, the G10 is:
    A fraction of the cost (£12.50 each)
    More breathable
    More adjustable (Its designed to be able to go over wet/drysuits, flight suits, gloves etc)
    Lighter
    More hard wearing
    More ethical.
    Can't be damaged by saltwater

I realise it's a bit late to reccomend one for the Chinese watch, but I advise trying one out. Phoenix make the "real" ones and sell them on eBay from the factory.
    Can't see myself with a leather strap ever again, honestly.
    'Awibble'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12959
    Hertz32 said:
    https://imgur.com/a/Rd9lH

Honestly the most utilitarian strap I've come across. Far superior to leather, unless you require that look.

So far, compared to a real alligator leather strap, the G10 is:

The problem I always have with G10 style straps is that they're always way too long for my skinny wrists. They end up looking crap if you trim them back to a more sensible length :( 
    Really? I've got the skinniest of skinny wrists and it works fine with me! I have my G10 on the first from smallest hole. I feed it through both loops, back through both loops and then back again through the first and there's nothing flapping about or looking untidy.
    'Awibble'
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12959
    I've never been overly keen on folding them back on themselves. Maybe I'll give a proper phoenix a go. Where did you get yours?
    eBay, from a shop called Monkey Swag. Arrived next day and came with a free set of spring retainer bars. :)
    'Awibble'
    NATO's are excellent straps but look odd on a dress watch like the OP's IMO.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2482
    Anybody looking for watch straps, I can recommend Watch Gecko https://www.watchgecko.com/
    Prices are pretty sensible (ie not too cheap and not too expensive) and the quality is good.
    Added bonus for them being a UK outfit as well.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1759

My Turkish 'tag' is awesome. One of the directors here has the same model but the real one.

Mine keeps better time and to be frank looks a lot better than his

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2016
    the listing on ebay said it was 20mm but it is actually 22mm, glad I checked haha.

Very happy with it, with regular straps the buckle has to be a certain shape for it to not dig into my skin, I either have it tight enough but digging in or too loose but comfortable. Because of the clasp on this it is extremely comfortable. and comes on and off very easily.

@hertz32 I needed a smart watch for my interview >:D<
    ^^^
    Nice.

It's called a deployant and most of the better quality watches with leather straps have them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12426
    gubble;1069701" said:
    My Turkish 'tag' is awesome. One of the directors here has the same model but the real one.Mine keeps better time and to be frank looks a lot better than his
    I've got a snide Rolex moon watch that looks better than the original IMO as it's got a nicer coloured face and blued hands. Cost me £30 in Thailand. Wish I could say it worked better than an original though, it'll only run for about 4 hours before I have to shake my wrist about vigorously to get it going again. It's known as the "wanky watch" in our house.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So yesterday the part visible at the rear of the watch that winds it had come loose, and spun with no resistance, causing a loud rattling.

Just took the back off and using a sharp knife (as I don't have a flathead thin enough) tightened the screw that held the spinning part down. works fine now.

Since I have had it, it has kept time very well too. Can't be too accurate as I can't set the second hand, but the worst I could be is 30 seconds out.
    The spinny bit is called a rotor.

You can often set the seconds hand by lightly turning the crown backwards which will usually stop or even reverse the seconds hand.
  • vizviz Frets: 10722
    edited June 2016
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    Impressive. The people who make them are not high wage earners I suspect. Kinda similar to the hundreds of Chinese made knock offs that you can get from Aliexpress and other suppliers. The Chinese make knocks off of Gibson guitars and others. Knock offs cost a small fraction of the cost of 'the real thing'. Think of the Chinese workers before buying these products.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum