£10.59 Mechanical automatic chinese "winner" brand watch. With pictures and a video!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Update: so only negative apart from the loose rotor is that it doesn't hold charge/stay wound up for very long. Well it has gone slow on me twice since owning it, both times I had a fairly inactive day and took it off a couple of hours before bed.

To combat this I just take the watch off and shake it for a few seconds and it hasn't gone out at all. Very impressed.

This is the only automatic that I have ever owned so this may just happen with all of them, but I would have expected it to hold charge a bit more.

Found the chronograph counterpart to my watch and it is 11 quid so very tempted to get that and match it up with a less formal strap, I may try the g10 as John suggested.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10722
    Rocker said:
    Impressive. The people who make them are not high wage earners I suspect. Kinda similar to the hundreds of Chinese made knock offs that you can get from Aliexpress and other suppliers. The Chinese make knocks off of Gibson guitars and others. Knock offs cost a small fraction of the cost of 'the real thing'. Think of the Chinese workers before buying these products.....

It's a valid point though Jaragar are an own brand not replicas. They're also sold through Amazon, but better (I feel) to get direct from a local supplier and hopefully support the business more directly. But you're right, one doesn't know about working practices.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom