What's Hot
Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
edited May 2016 in Off Topic
Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12434
    edited May 2016
    Bugger. I signed up at full price a couple of months back. I'm not interested in the Clarkson thing particularly, I got it for Vikings and Black Sails. I'll probably give it a go though...anything rather than Chris Evans.
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Double bugger. I signed up last week at full price
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3431
    Contact them and complain - if it was recent they will probably refund the difference. They're good that way.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Get them to pay some tax.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    Got it yesterday and started by watching "the man in the high castle". Great show. The movies choice is pretty pants though...
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5562
    Steffo said:
    Got it yesterday and started by watching "the man in the high castle". Great show. The movies choice is pretty pants though...
    Ah that's a shame. I'm tempted by the discounted price and was hoping to get some extra film options above what I get from Netflix. We wanted to watch a film on Netflix last night but couldn't see anything that grabbed us so ended up with Eurovision.
    Still, there's some good box sets on there and I'd get free delivery so might give it a go.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    edited May 2016
    You can get it free pretty much permanently.
    Sign up with a gmail address, start a free trial and immediately cancel it. Then when the month is over sign up with the same gmail address but put a dot in a random place (guitar@gmail.com would become g.uitar@gmail.com). Amazon thinks it's a new email account but gmail thinks it's the same one so you still get the emails sent to your original. Do that every month.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    DefaultM said:
    Sign up with a gmail address, start a free trial and immediately cancel it. Then when the month is over sign up with the same gmail address but put a dot in a random place (guitar@gmail.com would become g.uitar@gmail.com). Amazon thinks it's a new email account but gmail thinks it's the same one so you still get the emails sent to your original. Do that every month.
    can't see that working!
    I've been doing it for months. Pretty stupid really, they're still sending it all to the same house and taking payment from the same card.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11935
    monofin;1073391" said:
    Double bugger. I signed up last week at full price
    Email them, be nice and ask if they could refund the difference, they can only say No.

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    DefaultM said:
    I've been doing it for months. Pretty stupid really, they're still sending it all to the same house and taking payment from the same card.
    That's really surprising considering they took over LoveFilm who were incredibly harsh on people using the free trial - to the point that if you moved in to a house where someone had once had a free trial then they wouldn't let you have it.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11935
    DefaultM;1073803" said:

Surely if you like the service that much and willing to go through this hassle every month you might as well pay for it.
    I barely use it to be honest. I'll probably buy one thing a month (usually strings) and its not enough to meet the £20 free postage, so I just set up a free trial so that I get it posted for free.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    This new 1 or 2 hour postage thing is ridiculous as well.
    My dad ordered a garden hose at 20:00 one night in Wakefield. It cost something like £10 and the postage was free. It arrived at 21:15, in a taxi from my local Leeds firm.

If I want to get a taxi from Leeds to Wakefield it's at least £20, yet my Dad can order a £10 garden hose and theyll deliver that in the exact same taxi for what must amount to pennies?!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5562
    edited May 2016

I bought a watch battery for under a quid last year. It was free delivery and was sent first class.

How do you sell something for less than £1, put it in an envelope, put a 1st class stamp on it and make money??

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    This deal is back on ? Is Amazon prime any good? 
  • capo4th said:
    This deal is back on ? Is Amazon prime any good? 
    I like it, the free next day delivery is great, and we use the online TV catch-up services for most of our viewing (well mostly the kids really)....and we've seen plenty of great stuff via amazon videos....and the online backup you get as well.

So yes.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Amazon - officially sponsored by the UK tax payer
    Amazon - proudly paying bugger all tax in the UK since 2001

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I have the full Sky package and order a couple of bits a month on Amazon but they usually deliver quite quickly. Do you still have a minimum £20 spend on prime? 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    capo4th said:
    I have the full Sky package and order a couple of bits a month on Amazon but they usually deliver quite quickly. Do you still have a minimum £20 spend on prime? 
    No, just buy the items that offer Prime and you get prime delivery for free.