Unemployed...by choice

What's Hot

Comments

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Managers and employers can go f@ck themselves.

If you ever get low self esteem from being jobless, watch the Jeremy Kyle show.  It works wonders.  GPs should prescribe it before dishing out anti-depressants.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm about to go self-employed and am really looking forward to being master of my own destiny and working for who I chose, when I want to, on terms which suit me.

I expect to be poorer - but much happier....
    amen
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    edited May 2016

I work shifts   and put up with tons of stress from jumped up maggots.

The wanking helps a lot though..Dab me knob on their paperwork and hope they catch cock cheese disease.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33839

I expect to be poorer - but much happier....
    You'd only spend it on beard oil, skinny jeans and craft beer.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    Ro_S;1080011" said:
    Managers and employers can go f@ck themselves.
    From a company petspective I always feel people with that attitude are best of out of the organisation.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited May 2016

I'm self employed, poor and happy. 

I'd like to build a place one day, but probably not here and not yet as, as yet, I've no desire.  What gets me are all these amateur 'Property Developers' who can't even brick lay, lay a patio, assemble a roof or nor even do any basic first fixes, let alone any second fix detailing.

Yet most who can do these things live in tiny rented boxes.  It is sadly all about the money. It's kind of sad that you are forced into something like IT or slaving away to sell your soul if you ask me. 

It always amazes me how people who sit down all day and work a straight 8 hour day inside with minimal capital investment risks, few overheads and zero health of injury risks value their time compared to those who break their backs and bust their balls and die younger because of it, but then, I guess that is capitalism. 

Although it's also a bit to do with the legacy of the feudal class system that exists in this country too though.  If you graft in the USA you can earn pretty big bucks, even on a small scale as a sole trader.  Here, they just import foreign trades for a basic wage.  After all, most of the infrastructure in this country was built by foreigners and the untermenschen and it still is to this day.  Maybe plumbers are the exception, although it's largely a myth.  The only way to make big bucks is to be a huge company and pool your resources, chat up Ministers or win Council contracts because no one else is set up with a pooled asset bank to take the risk to compete in this country.  The American Dream doesn't really work here.  Then again, in the States, your average IT bod only gets a fraction more than people who work on the cashier in Walmart.

They reckon average self employed and sole trader debt, excluding mortgages is £16k.  Mine is zero and I don't have to work to generate clients.  I thoroughly recommend it.  Simply life.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Sambostar said:

I'm self employed, poor and happy. 

I'd like to build a place one day, but probably not here and not yet as, as yet, I've no desire.  What gets me are all these amateur 'Property Developers' who can't even brick lay, lay a patio, assemble a roof or nor even do any basic first fixes, let alone any second fix detailing.

Yet most who can do these things live in tiny rented boxes.  It is sadly all about the money. It's kind of sad that you are forced into something like IT or slaving away to sell your soul if you ask me. 

It always amazes me how people who sit down all day and work a straight 8 hour day inside with minimal capital investment risks, few overheads and zero health of injury risks value their time compared to those who break their backs and bust their balls and die younger because of it, but then, I guess that is capitalism. 

Although it's also a bit to do with the legacy of the feudal class system that exists in this country too though.  If you graft in the USA you can earn pretty big bucks, even on a small scale as a sole trader.  Here, they just import foreign trades for a basic wage.  After all, most of the infrastructure in this country was built by foreigners and the untermenschen and it still is to this day.  Maybe plumbers are the exception, although it's largely a myth.  The only way to make big bucks is to be a huge company and pool your resources in this country.  The American Dream doesn't really work here.  Then again, in the States, your average IT bod only gets a fraction more than people who work on the cashier in Walmart.

They reckon average self employed and sole trader debt, excluding mortgages is £16k.  Mine is zero and I don't have to work to generate clients.  I thoroughly recommend it.  Simply life.

Get back to work.
    I'm not paying you to piss about.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2016

You have no idea of hard work judging by the hair on your knees and also I don't have to work for you, because I can also pick and choose, you'll probably get some wide boy who charges four times the price and does work to a hundredth of the quality.

That said how the hell you coped with training yourself and then doing 15 years in IT is beyond the capabilities of my reasoning. 

It's like trying to rationalise the true infinity of space.  I could be a permanent resident in a mental institution by now if I chose that route.

It's not that I begrudge rich people or think that anyone can't do anything, because I don't and I do think anyone can do anything.  We have one of the best education systems in the world.  It's just this obsession with money and housing investment that gets me and the fact that you need money to make money and if you have a lot of money, you can make all the money in the world.  That is life, but it's particularly the case in the UK with eth housing market and government and Council private contracts.  No one else can step up and take the investment gamble because they don't have the bank balance.  And it is corrupt, don't tell me it's not.

Maybe we need to get shot of the public sector entirely.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2016
    Sambostar said:

You have no idea of hard work judging by the hair on your knees and also I don't have to work for you, because I can also pick and choose, you'll probably get some wide boy who charges four times the price and does work to a hundredth of the quality.

That said how the hell you coped with training yourself and then doing 15 years in IT is beyond the capabilities of my reasoning. 

It's like trying to rationalise the true infinity of space.  I could be a permanent resident in a mental institution by now if I chose that route.

Oi.
    I did 3 hours of yard work and then 6 hours of guitar building today, sonny Jim.

Why are you obsessed with my knees?
    Pervert!

I'll employ you to be my cellar gimp.
    The hours are good but the work will.. er.. stretch you.

Ok, let's see your knob then.  Mine's worn out from all the callouses on my palms.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sambostar said:

Ok, let's see your knob then.  Mine's worn out from all the callouses on my palms.

I did mine with technological aids.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Hahaha so many laughs on this thread :))
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    edited May 2016
    So day 1, been to the gym and completed run 3 of week 3 on the C25k programme, no wanking yet.

Tone71 said:
    So day 1, been to the gym and completed run 3 of week 3 on the C25k programme, no wanking yet.

It's not a weekday yet.

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    octatonic said:
    Sambostar said:

You can see my house from there. Not far east from where the helmet meets the shaft.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2016
    octatonic said:
    Sambostar said:

have you considered becoming a freelance cartographer?

octatonic said:
    Sambostar said:

You can see my house from there. Not far east from where the helmet meets the shaft.
    I'm fairly sure that this is the first time in history that these words have ever been arranged in that order.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    is west street the prince albert piercing?

no jap eye?

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Ro_S said:

no jap eye?
    There is a pub in Brighton called the Prince Albert that is situated right in the middle of the helmet area. Google it. Spoooo(r)ky.
    Ro_S said:

no jap eye?
    There is a pub in Brighton called the Prince Albert that is situated right in the middle of the helmet area. Google it. Spoooo(r)ky.
    HAHAHA.
    Awesome.