Good modelling amp with effects ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I played one of these on Saturday

Sounded really great and isn't too complicated while also remaining versatile

Looks pretty cool too
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    The Marshall Code gets a good write up in the latest issue of Guitarist, for what it's worth.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Personally, the vox mini3 is very good but maybe a bit small or the mustang 1 over the mustang 2 purely as I found it a faff to get it do just quite bedroom stuff. The fender G Dec was awesome when I tried one.
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 616
    Jetfire said:
    Personally, the vox mini3 is very good but maybe a bit small or the mustang 1 over the mustang 2 purely as I found it a faff to get it do just quite bedroom stuff. The fender G Dec was awesome when I tried one.
    Never tried the Vox mini (in fact never tried any Vox how sad is that ? I need to change that haha- more gAS). But agree the G Decs are brilliant & very underated. Another option if wanna stay small is get the Blackstar Mini Fly stack which sounds great, has good delay & gain, and if you put a FX pedal through it you have all. And it has the headphones and mp3 inputs and is as portable as hell. And very reasonably priced.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1849

I bought a VOX VT20+ last year. Managed to get one of the limited edition with the classic Vox look, not the standard black.

For £125 it is a bargain. I can't vouch for the veracity of the amp models it claims to emulate, but you get a wide range of sounds, plenty of effects and it sounds good when quiet enough for evening playing without disturbing the wife and kids.

The VT20+ has now been superseded by the VT20X I think which adds more options.

I also have one of those Marshall MS-2 micro amps. They are not bad. Convenient and sound good for what they are, but I wouldn't want one as my only amp. More of an novelty. Strangely it is best when the battery is just starting to wane.

Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.