Hayfever!

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4991
Damned hayfever, all day Mrs Rocker and myself have streaming eyes, aches and pains and I have pains down the back of my leg.  Problem caused by the whitethorn hedges which are in full bloom these days.  Looks wonderful, smells heavenly but the pollen.....

Part of the price one pays for living deep in the countryside.  The bees like it though...
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    They smell fairly rank I think, musky like a foxes scent glan or jizz.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Same here, but I take Loratadine tablets ((£2.00 for 30 in Tesco) each day, washed down with a teaspoonful of honey dissolved in a small amount of hot water.  It keeps the worst of it at bay.

Oddly, I don't suffer from it at all when I'm abroad, but as soon as I'm home, it starts again.

It usually starts around early April, and goes on until October.

You have my sympathy!
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6907
    I've suffered terribly in the past. This year I've been using Pirinase spray alongside my usual Loratadine tablets.

No problems as yet...

Try the spray rocker it might work for you.

Sympathies indeed - I think folk who don't suffer can't appreciate how bad this thing is.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    edited May 2016
    Yeah mine has started but so far not as bad as previous years. I use tablets and a spray.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11329
    Forty-plus years of summer misery.

I hate summer with a passion.

The only thing that works is staying in with the wondows closed.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27178
    I get it in Europe between April and June if I'm there. Now I live elsewhere I forget that when I visit or go on holiday. Trying to ask for "antihistamines" in my VERY limited Italian was fun...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Someone taught me the trick of pushing your tongue on the roof of your mouth and squeezing your temples at the same time for about 5 seconds to help drain your sinuses - it certainly helps with hay fever when it's got to the point where you just feel really bunged up..
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    I'm on the tablets for months on end, also dissappears abroad. Showers help, especially before bedtime as they wash off the pollen and aggravating dust. MrsTheWeary has a neti pot that she swears by for sinus issues (off Amazon or big chemists). Bit of an odd looking procedure but it seems to work.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33831
    I get terrible hay fever in my native Australia.
    Completely unaffected here though.
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    I've got it really bad this year, came on strong yesterday. Woke up this morning thinking i had tonsilitis then realised that it's hayfever. 
    To be honest i only started getting it a few years ago, its usually gone by now but this year its come on later and a lot stronger. 

The Mrs gives the kids a tea spoon of local honey from about Feb onwards and that seems to help, maybe i should actually listen to her advice for once... :D
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited May 2016
    Shit. Just when I'd forgotten I suffered from hay fever, this thread pitches up and reminds me it's about to start all over again. :-S

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    My eyes feel like they are about to fall out. Just started today, bugger!
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2467
    I've not had it bad the past few years, loratadine is enough for me. If you've got bad eye symptoms I've found cromoglycate eye drops very effective (put them in first thing in the morning)
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6907
    How's everyone doing? Today was my turn - nose hasn't stopped running for hours and eyes that feel like they are going to explode... It normally comes earlier than this for me - so I thought I'd been let off the hook this year.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Iamnobody;1137296" said:
    How's everyone doing?

Today was my turn - nose hasn't stopped running for hours and eyes that feel like they are going to explode...

It normally comes earlier than this for me - so I thought I'd been let off the hook this year.
    Exactly the same, except got it a couple of days ago.
    My V key is broken
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I feel like the last year or so I've developed hayfever. It's a right inconvenience to say the least.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    My nose was terrible throughout June but seems to be easing up now. Eyes haven't been too bad but mostly been wearing sunglasses everywhere outside
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    I didn't suffer from hayfever until I reached eighteen. Then it kicked in like a bastard.
    I usually use Loratidine, backed up with Sudofed nasal spray at night, which enables me to breathe. My sinuses swell up badly without it.
    Last year my eyes got so bad that everything went out of focus, which was a first. It happened twice last year and once so far this year. It seems to only last a day or so, but its quite disconcerting. It's like looking at everything through a film of vaseline. Possibly.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I've had it since a kid, but I didn't really realise. I just assumed running around and playing made me snotty when I came in
    My V key is broken
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7928
    I've suffered with severe hay faver from early childhood. My eyes would swell up, go bright red, practically become jelly like. I even had permission to wear sunglasses in school (in the 70's). Was subscribed high doses of hat fever tables, which meant I felt dopey all the time.

I got married at 40. Oddly enough, my hay fever completely stopped that year. Never had it since. My wife, who never had hay fever, now suffers from it. Though, nothing like as bad as I did.

I'm overjoyed it's over. Don't miss it at all.

Marlin