Digitech Trio - any good?

What's Hot
ellangusellangus Frets: 250
edited May 2016 in FX
Anybody got a Digitech Trio?

I'm toying with the idea of getting one.

Now the honeymoon period is over, are they any good?

Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118

Hope so - I've just bought one. Not taken it out of the box yet though

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    @monofin - be interested to hear your comments
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    yeah..... the box is very nice :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Yep, though for live usage they take some practice and are really best as a drum machine only. The limitation of having to play chords into it before the two instruments kick in can be OK with drums, but basslines for verse/chorus differences are hard to mask.

Great as a home practice tool
    monofin said:
    yeah..... the box is very nice :)

Seriously, once I give it a try out I'll drop some comments here (or put it in the classifieds)

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6928
    Assuming it's trio+ you are talking about, then it's a brilliant practice tool. Only poor bit is built in FX, and volume drop if you combine built in fx with pedals in the fx loop.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Assuming it's trio+ you are talking about, then it's a brilliant practice tool. Only poor bit is built in FX, and volume drop if you combine built in fx with pedals in the fx loop.

Actually no, referring to the First version - any experience?
    No, I have the trio+, the built in looper greatly adds to the usability I think.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    No, I have the trio+, the built in looper greatly adds to the usability I think.
    Yes I can imagine, but I do have a Ditto X2 so I figured it would pair up with that ok.

But the loops get stored with the backing band - so you can swap between song parts easily with backing and loop swapping at the same time. Worth checking out the plus features to see if it does what you want.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2940
    I have a trio and think its great as  a practice tool.  Strum a few chords to teach it what your up to and a backing patten kicks in. Drum and bass sound good and Ive played along for a couple of hours and love it.   

You have to take it for what it is.  A practice tool  I can't see that it could ever be used for live use as you can't predict whats coming or save what you have created for future use.   But as a stand along home practice thing its great.

I've just tried it and ending up wanting to punch the bassist so quite realistic in that way.
    Think it's going back
    Well the trio+ has an option to simplify the baseline, and can save what you've created, so it's better in that respect.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Bought one and sold it fairly quickly. Great tool just didn't inspire me to use it
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Here's a thread containing my thoughts from last year:

@monofin - Did it go back?