He still hasn't got it.

What's Hot
chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
edited July 2016 in Off Topic

Tony Blair:-

"There are people who disagree with me for reasons that they say are to do with, say, Iraq, but actually are to do with the fact I won three elections for the Labour Party and they didn't like it,"

3reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    8reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Jesus. He's lost the plot. I really hope he gets his arse handed to him on a plate by Chilcott, but somehow I can't see it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Dream on. I reckon he's Teflon-coated.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    I would vote for Corbyn as PM if he would guarantee to send Blair to The Hague.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    ICBM said:
    I would vote for Corbyn as PM if he would guarantee to send Blair on a non-return mission eg to Mars.
    fixed
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8719
    ICBM said:
    I would vote for Corbyn as PM if he would guarantee to send Blair on a non-return mission eg to Mars.
    fixed
    Nah. That would make him famous as the real Mark Watney. Maybe a fact finding mission to north west Syria
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22169
    boogieman said:
    Jesus. He's lost the plot. I really hope he gets his arse handed to him on a plate by Chilcott, but somehow I can't see it.

Consider this: Corbyn's reign as leader has been noted not for what he has said but for very much staying in the background. He does his spot at PMQ's, he comes out with the odd speech, but he generally stays quite low profile. Hillary Benn took the speaking plaudits over Syria, John McConnell's done likewise in recent months over economic policy. 

When Corbyn spoke at the LSE about Blair, that's quite a statement when you put it into context against his demeanor since rising to leader. 

I'd suggest that Corbyn has an indication of how the report will deal with Blair and that would explain why the Blairite faction of the party has been somewhat quieter in recent weeks than they were beforehand. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268

"There are people who disagree with me for reasons that they say are to do with, say, Iraq, but actually are to do with the fact I won three elections for the Labour Party and they didn't like it,"

He's a c**t.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    Heartfeltdawn;1089058" said:
    boogieman said:

Consider this: Corbyn's reign as leader has been noted not for what he has said but for very much staying in the background. He does his spot at PMQ's, he comes out with the odd speech, but he generally stays quite low profile. Hillary Benn took the speaking plaudits over Syria, John McConnell's done likewise in recent months over economic policy. 

When Corbyn spoke at the LSE about Blair, that's quite a statement when you put it into context against his demeanor since rising to leader. 

https://www.rt.com/uk/343403-corbyn-chilcot-blair-iraq/

I'd suggest that Corbyn has an indication of how the report will deal with Blair and that would explain why the Blairite faction of the party has been somewhat quieter in recent weeks than they were beforehand. 
    Wow, hadn't seen that. Interesting times ahead then.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22169
    boogieman said:
    Wow, hadn't seen that. Interesting times ahead then.
    Not surprised. It wasn't given much coverage. The Guardian put the words about Blair right down the list as part of their anti-Corbyn policy, sod all from the BBC (likewise) and the Sun has actually run with two rather positive articles in the last month focusing on Corbyn going after Blair and his LSE words (not a single mention of beards, bad clothing, and being a leftie, demonstrating that the Sun can write nicely about Corbyn providing his words suit their agenda). 

demonstrating that the Sun can write nicely
    I didn't know the Sun could even write
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Phil_aka_Pip;1089443" said:
    Heartfeltdawn said:

Sun journalists are actually pretty clever. They have to be, to make the crap they have to write about seem reasonable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:
    Phil_aka_Pip;1089443" said:
    Heartfeltdawn said:

Sun journalists are actually pretty clever. They have to be, to make the crap they have to write about seem reasonable.
    you have the intellectual advantage over me there, friend :)
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    They did it in their finest crayon as well.......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    edited May 2016
    Sun journalists are about the most talented there are. Consider that they have to make often-complicated stories accessible to people with a reading age of eleven or something, and the punny headlines too. That takes serious skill.
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Sun journalists are about the most talented there are. Consider that they have to make often-complicated stories accessible to people with a reading age of eleven or something, and the punny headlines too. That takes serious skill.
    I think that skill is often overstated.  Oversimplifying news in an inaccurate and biased manner ain't that hard. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339

But that's enough on Gordon Brown ....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    jellyroll;1090169" said:
    hungrymark said:

I think that skill is often overstated.  Oversimplifying news in an inaccurate and biased manner ain't that hard. 
    Yes, it is. Reporting a story in order to appeal to a specific audience, political viewpoint and education level is difficult, especially to one that is ostensibly less 'sophisticated' than one's own standing. Try it - it's easy to write a bad parody of a tabloid article (lots of phwoarrs, romps and bonkfests etc) but very difficult to write one that could actually be mistaken for the real thing. Broadsheet journalists are talented in different ways but they're writing for people with similar backgrounds to their own, which is easier.
    Use Your Brian
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Read a copy of the star. Best to to appreciate the professionalism of the Sun. The Sun and Mail mine much deeper into average Britain than anything else.