New Top Gear- The Verdict

What's Hot
1789101113»

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    The format was due an overhaul and it just didn't get it. Same old, tired formula and sticking a load of new presenters in achieved nothing apart from taking away the chemistry that was the saving grace of the Clarkson-Hammond-May era. RIP Top Gear.

Whilst I'm all for more tits on the BBC, this wasn't what I had in mind.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    Could the Beeb sue JC for loss of earnings, on account of him having twatted the producer in the first place, thus precipitating the whole sorry mess?   :-\"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    crunchman said:
    Viewing figures down to 1.9 million for the last episode.
    Clashing with the football wouldn't have helped. Must be more of a crossover with that audience than Antiques Roadshow.
    You have to look at the figures down the line with iPlayer in there.  4 or 5 years ago I used to regularly watch it at 8 on a Sunday night.  I've watched all but one episode of this series on iPlayer.
    Evans has been on about that every monday when there's another "ratings drop for TG" story....and he's right, on the night viewing figures aren't the real story anymore.

Not sure if Amazon publish their viewing figures at all....I bet Clarkson and co are glad of that.
  • TroyTroy Frets: 224
    They will be no more Chris Evans hosting TG, just got a news alert about that.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    Troy said:
    They will be no more Chris Evans hosting TG, just got a news alert about that.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707266

It's official on the BBC website.

Good news.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24376
    Sky have it too

Fingers crossed for a better show then.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    They should can the programme now, like they should have done when the last lot packed it in.

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7882
    Evans has just quit. Yeaha!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22949

Job swap with Nigel Farage?

I bet Nigel drives a Jag.

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Philly_Q said:

Job swap with Nigel Farage?

I bet Nigel drives a Jag.

Now you're talking. Ok...

Hodgson to head up the Labour party - straight job swap with Corbyn to manage England (basically the same bloke)
    Evans and Farage a straight job swap again. Both as irritating as the other.
    Clarkson can head up the Tory party, and give Cameron a slot on the radio cos Evans will be busy with UKIP (classic fm, though, I should think).

Boris can take a job on one of the driverless trains on the DLR, because it won't matter when he buggers off halfway through and he'll have a nice view of London.

All sorted. I'm off for my tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom