Any Engl love ( or Hate)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    DLM;1094490" said:
    Very close to the water in his new place in Sweden, then. :)
    Must be. Can't imagine a day goes by without the urge to tickle a trout, that's why his arm is tattooed thusly.
    it mimics the mottled effect of the great trout God, Alan, whose very fins are said to be made of finest teak.

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    If you've ever heard a trout laugh you'll understand why it's such fun to tickle one.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cabicular;1093670" said:
    hated the fireball in my local rehearsal studioIt was probably fucked though
    Can I just say.
    You had an Engl Fireball in your rehearsal studio?!?!? Wtf?
    I was lucky if I got a rehearsal room with breathable air in it!!!!

#hollywoodrehearsalrooms.
  • prh777;1094277" said:
    I wanted to try out an Ironball when I was looking for a two channel lunchbox head.  They were in stock at guitar guitar but it was a mission to get there.

I found a good value mesa mini rectifier which has also been great but I would like to try the Ironball nonetheless.

Very few english language reviews and the youtube demos are a bit 80s metal.

Much better priced than the Mesa too.  (no sh!t sherlock I hear you say)
    I tried the Mesa mini rec, Engl gig master, victory RD and Victory kraken

The ironball shit all over them all. The Mine rec runner up and the Victory were just complete rubbish.

Engl do offer value for money and a lot of features on their amps
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    I don't give a crap about customer service, does it sound good? That's all I care about.

You might if it blows the OT and you need the unique PCB-mount type it requires, which is only available from Engl and takes weeks if not months to get.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• gordijigordiji Frets: 784
    Another Screamer 50 owner. Great combo,  sounds at its best with master half way up.(but fine quieter) Very versatile & reliable. The pre amp valve retainers / heat sinks are flimsy where they're creased and i had one break, in fact broken when i opened it to change the valves first time. Engl sent me a new one foc following a polite reply to my email.
    ICBM;1095030" said:
    professorben said:I don't give a crap about customer service, does it sound good? That's all I care about.

You might if it blows the OT and you need the unique PCB-mount type it requires, which is only available from Engl and takes weeks if not months to get.
    Hmmmm possibly.

• MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    edited June 2016
    Btw if any Engl owners here need some new valves I've got a matched quad of Engl 5881 WXT power valves that have only had about 3 hours play time (before I sold the amp) going spare. Engl graded so no need for rebiasing.

Sorry for the shameless plug :P
    @icbm would these work with my Screamer?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    Yes, should do.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein