Left Handed Pedals

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6542
    This is such a non problem it is unreal.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    Thanks for the info, the fact that I probably stray less than a foot either side of my pedalboard makes it an unnecessary luxury!
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2966
    tFB Trader
    Solve the problem with lefthanded cables from my new shop daleftys-r-us. Also have a selection of guitar knobs that might be of interest.
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    Get an extra long cable and thread it behind your pedalboard so it doesn't cut across you?

I'm left-handed as well but play right handed.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4999
    This is a solution not looking for a problem.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Rocker said:
    This is a solution not looking for a problem.
    Bit like audiophiles.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Buy the full range of Dr Green pedals. for some mental reason their jacks go from left to right. I have Alnico's dr green fuzz at my house to rehouse because of the backwards jacks.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    A situation more vexing than some people obviously seem to think, but it is what it is. Try walk a mile in the other guy's shoes, etc.

There's at least some stuff you can do. Lots of wahs, for instance, have standalone jacks not mounted to the PCB so you can flip them, works great. And if you want a solo boost pedal at the end of your chain, this actually works in our favour, cos it's under your left foot :)

But yeah, anything else, it's all going the wrong way...
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9899
    I'm left footed (but right handed, well, about 60-40 in favour of right hand due to starting the piano very young) so what I'd really like is a left footed whammy.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I used to have a left handed vox wah early 70s. Great sound but the biggest pain when it came to misplugged experiments.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5025
    keir;1094418" said:
    [quote="ThorpyFX;1094377"]the answer is....... go wireless and the cable won't drag across the board.
    Has anyone got any experience with wireless systems? Any good?
    [/quote]
    Eddie Van Halen?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28756
    Drew_fx said:
    racists
    I knew you'd turn SJW one of these days.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72710
    To be serious, surely it's just a matter of putting a connection box at the left-hand end of your pedalboard instead of the right? I have a box at the top right corner because I want both my guitar and amp cables at the right-hand end, out of the way. That means the last pedal has to have a long cable running back across the board from its output to the box. If I was left-handed, I would just do it the other way round with the long cable running to the input of the first pedal.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein